05-09-2014, 12:14 AM
User Info
Although I just posted some pictures of the FaTip Grande Chrome I received recently, today I received yet another razor, the Parker 99R. I was curious to try a butterfly razor, and for some reason decided to get one of the biggest ones. I was not prepared for the heft of this razor. It is truly big and certainly the heaviest of the ones I've accumulated so far. The finish looks better than my Merkur 37C and FaTip Grande Chrome. And the size and width of the handle dwarfs the other razors in my stable. So far I've accumulated a Muhle R89, a Parker A1R and a 99R, a Merkur 37C Slant, and a FaTip Grande Chrome OC. I need a break...I know everyone loves pictures so here you go...
[Image: F4mC0ja.jpg]
[Image: uVIgXHg.jpg]
[Image: LTk9kvv.jpg]
[Image: LZrC8r2.jpg]
[Image: vla0cIV.jpg]
[Image: ld1sp7Z.jpg]
[Image: OveYivo.jpg]
[Image: 5lmvW12.jpg]

0 37
 05-09-2014, 05:51 AM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
Nice razor! I've always considered Parkers to be on a lower rung and don't know why. This one is very pretty and sounds very sturdy. Let us know how aggressive/mild it is after you shave with it!

And yes, take it from me, take some time to get to know your razors before picking up any more. My biggest mistake is that I got so many razors straight away that I never had time to get to know a lot of them before I passed them on and am now rebuying them or regretting selling them Sad

58 1,312
 05-09-2014, 08:19 AM
User Info
Shiny... now I want one Tongue

I already have a Parker TTO - a 22R - and if this shaves the same you're in for a pleasant experience. A little on the nippy side when I feed it with Feathers, but lovely with a milder blade - the Shark you got there should work well Smile

3 4,373
 05-09-2014, 12:50 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
I had one of these bad boys for a bit more than a year and shaved very well. Built like a tank!!

45 710
 05-09-2014, 05:31 PM
User Info
Congratulations on the new razor!

82 21,056
 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM
User Info
This was my first DE razor. I felt it was a little too aggressive for me, so I sold it. Very nice razor though. Enjoy it!

0 54