05-09-2014, 02:35 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

The Vie-Long "Lord Randal" Special Edition silvertip is a handsome brush and well made. With a 24 mm knot and 52 mm loft, the brush performs well with both face and bowl lathering. I like the backbone and flow through. The only reservation I have about this brush brush is the wee bit of "scritch" in the tips — and the smallest "scritch" irritates my skin. I have used the brush a maximum of five times, if that. The price is $100 shipped U.S. Paypal is fine. No trades, please. Thanks.
[Image: zDtQsYX.jpg][Image: rlHsZsU.jpg]

150 3,030
 05-09-2014, 12:21 PM
User Info
beautiful brush. glwts

31 737
 05-12-2014, 04:03 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
I dropped the price on this fine brush to $100. If interested, grab it before the brush sale is withdrawn later today. Thanks.

150 3,030
 05-12-2014, 04:09 AM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
I think that scritch is due to the density of this knot and it seems is only perceptible to those with very sensitive skin. This brush is tempting the hell out of me (pardon my french). I have the beehive badger and I have this in white horse and this amazing price for this brush handle with this quality badger knot has me aching to buy it. That being said I am trying to be responsible. Whoever gets this is getting an awesome quality silvertip in one hell of a handle at an amazing price!.

9 429
 05-12-2014, 04:15 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
W.S.O.
Thanks for the kind words on the brush. Yes, it is a handsome and well made brush. I have a tough Assyrian beard and an extremely sensitive skin — I can't wear new shirts until they have been washed four or five times. So the least "scritch" in any brush irritates my skin. Now, I have the beehive Vie-Long silvertip and find it sweet. This one does not agree with my Hollywood face.

150 3,030
 05-12-2014, 06:07 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
This is one excellent brush at a great price. The mild scritch that I noticed in the beginning definitely subsided after numerous uses and now mine is just as perfect as can be. It truly is the ideal all around brush.

It's unfortunate it didn't work out for you Obie... On the other hand, when this brush finds a home I imagine the new owner will be very happy indeed. GLWTS Smile!

34 1,628
 05-12-2014, 06:34 AM
  • Rob W
  • Central IL, USA
User Info
Great brush at a great price. If I did not already have one.

4 633