05-09-2014, 05:41 AM
User Info
Hi fellow Pennies,
I have posted about how great all of my pen and supply purchases have been in terms of customer service. Now unfortunately I need to tell of a bad experience.

I ordered from the Goldspot.com website on Saturday, April 12. I ordered 4 Ohto Dude fountain pens, 4 Montverde Converters and a bottle of Noodlers Bernake Blue ink. While I received a Paypal receipt email I did not receive an email confirmation from Goldspot. Not in my trash nor spam box either.

I called them on Monday April 14. The voicemail inbox was full so I could not leave a message. On my 4th attempt I reached a human. He confirmed the order was received. He asked why I ordered one of each color. I said they were Easter presents and would go into a basket. He allowed that was a neat idea.

April 14 11:30 receive an email saying the converters and ink shipped. At 3:47 PM receive email that pens are back ordered??
Seemed to late to do anything as part of order already shipped. I was not pleased with that. ML does a duplicate "test" order and the Goldspot website accepts it without stating the pens are out of stockSad

The next day the order number shows up on their site tracking. It launches a pdf saying the converters shipped and pens on BO. I check this repeatedly in next 2 weeks and the pdf is the same. But the partial shipment never occurred! I never received a shipping notification nor the converters and ink.

On Wednesday April 30th ML reports other websites have the pens in all 4 colors. I wait a day to give Goldspot time to possibly receive new stock.

Friday May 2 I call but only ever get the "mailbox is full" message. I send an email at 5:40 to cancel the order.

Monday May 5th I get a Paypal email about a credit from Goldspot.
Then I get an autogenerated email from Goldspot detailing the order and it's cancellation.

My issues: No communication. The website not saying the pens were out of stock. The never updated tracking pdf. I was not very pleased.

Contrast with this:
Monday May 5th at 9:30PM - well after business hours. Ordered the 4 pens and converters from Jetpens.com
Ordered 10 ink samples from Gouletpens.com

Received instant confirmatory and thank you emails from both Vendors. Receive shipping notice on Tuesday. Pens arrive Wednesday! Inks due today! That is the normal service I ALWAYS see with pen vendors.

So in the grand scheme of life this was not a crisis. The pens will be given at our Mother's Day meal. But it was not good service and I thought I would let others know.

Pics and reviews to follow after Mother's Day[/color]
Phil

7 363
 05-09-2014, 05:46 AM
User Info
Phil, thanks for this PSA. I have looked at goldspot before but have not ordered from them yet. So far all of my business have gone to the Goulets and I can't be happier. I appreciate their informative videos, their quick communication, and unprecedented care in packaging.

Now, out of the 10 ink samples how many are blue??? Winky

31 8,058
 05-09-2014, 09:43 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I have received Goldspot's catalogues in the past and may have even ordered from them some time ago, though I am not certain. If I did then the order went smoothly, otherwise I would have remembered. The service (or lack thereof) that you received is not good and, for Goldspot's sake, I hope this was a one-off and not their usual way of doing business because there are other places to go.

I agree with Brian and you about both the Goulets and Jet Pens. They both offer outstanding service. Brian, the Goulets still remain #1 with me but if you have never been on the Jet Pens site, it is a lot of fun and they have some interesting stuff.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming reviews, Phil. Smile

2 11,211
 05-09-2014, 10:18 AM
User Info
(05-09-2014, 05:46 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: Phil, thanks for this PSA. I have looked at goldspot before but have not ordered from them yet. So far all of my business have gone to the Goulets and I can't be happier. I appreciate their informative videos, their quick communication, and unprecedented care in packaging.

Now, out of the 10 ink samples how many are blue??? Winky

We split it 50/50. One of them is the Tsuyu-Kusa (Asiatic Dayflower)you recommended on the "My Fledgling has Left the Nest" post.

Phil

(05-09-2014, 09:43 AM)freddy Wrote: I have received Goldspot's catalogues in the past and may have even ordered from them some time ago, though I am not certain. If I did then the order went smoothly, otherwise I would have remembered. The service (or lack thereof) that you received is not good and, for Goldspot's sake, I hope this was a one-off and not their usual way of doing business because there are other places to go.

I agree with Brian and you about both the Goulets and Jet Pens. They both offer outstanding service. Brian, the Goulets still remain #1 with me but if you have never been on the Jet Pens site, it is a lot of fun and they have some interesting stuff.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming reviews, Phil. Smile

Freddy,
My daughter has ordered from Goldspot no problem. Though it was over the phone. I was not anticipating any issues. It was mostly the lack of communication. I have not ruled them out for future purchases but there are other vendors I will go to ahead of them.

Phil

7 363
 05-09-2014, 10:42 AM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
Sorry to hear about this, Phil. I've only ever had stellar service from both Goulet Pens and Jetpens. Other than ordering directly from Edison, I tend to confine my "regular" orders to those two vendors.

0 1,137