05-10-2014, 10:03 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I'm wanting to try some Stirling A/S and was hoping to gather some preferences and descriptions/feelings on their scent offerings? Thanks Gentlemen!

4 794
 05-10-2014, 10:19 PM
User Info
I think that you should send for a Sampler Package. I really enjoy my Glacial Wintergreen Scent. I also have a Sample of the Stirling Coniferous Shaving Soap, (I received it as a PIF on another forum that I read.) I really did not like the scent to begin with. I liked it but it was not one that I thought I would really enjoy, well it kind of grows on you. I really enjoy it. I will order some more soon. I know that you asked about their after shave, but if their after shave is anything like their soaps you can't go wrong, these are Just my thoughts. Good luck.

0 129
 05-11-2014, 04:25 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
I have the Margaritas in the Arctic. Lime/Citrus Scent with menthol cooling effect, no sting. Follows the Stirling Lime Soap nicely.

61 4,628
 05-26-2014, 05:53 PM
User Info
Just got some of the Vetiver aftershave in the mail last week. Gave it a sniff and really like the earthy vetiver scent. Splashed some on right after that, even though I had already shaved and applied aftershave and cologne on earlier that day.

Kind of wish I would have gotten the glacial wintergreen as well. Big fan of cool menthol/eucalyptus like scents.

8 160
 05-30-2014, 12:12 PM
User Info
Are the scents subtle or in your face?

4 58
 06-07-2014, 02:30 PM
User Info
(05-30-2014, 12:12 PM)bilkay Wrote: Are the scents subtle or in your face?

I find the vetiver to be subtle on me

8 160
 06-07-2014, 03:22 PM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
I had poor luck with Stirling AS & cannot recommend the ones I tried.

I got Lemon Chill and Coniferous.

The Lemon Chill had way too much menthol. Not a 'oh that cold' but rather 'my eyes are burning'. I disposed of the bottle.

I still have Coniferous - and while not repulsive - the scent is very generic/simplistic. Not something I actually want to smell of. Fortunately - it's fairly light and fades away quickly. The skincare is OK (esp for summer) - but again - nothing to write home about.

Of course - scent is very subjective. If you do try Stirling - I hope you have better luck with it.

17 535
 06-07-2014, 07:12 PM
User Info
I love the "eyes run like mad" effect from the chill splash Smile

3 254