05-11-2014, 06:07 AM
  • vikkktor
  • Pitesti Romania
User Info
In last week I buy D.R. Harris & Co. Ltd. Naturals soap. I think is much better to use shaving soap then creams. I use creams Taylor of Old Bond Street: Sandalwood, Jermyn Street, Eton College, St. James, Mr. Taylor, but the soap I find much better. This soap make rich foam, and make a good hydration. Last days I buy other soap,from Truefitt Hill, but I don,t try eat...

0 21
 05-11-2014, 06:58 AM
User Info
Vikkktor, the choice between soaps and creams is a personal one. Myself, I prefer to use soaps as I feel I get better protection and post shave feel. Also, I believe it to be more satisfying building lather from a soap, not to mention more traditional.

D.R. Harris makes superb tallow soaps, but I'm curious to hear of your experience with the Naturals soap. This soap has never had much of a following due to inferior performance. Maybe you should also consider buying one of the 5 tallow scented soaps they offer and compare.

31 5,279
 05-11-2014, 08:17 AM
  • vikkktor
  • Pitesti Romania
User Info
Well, I don,t have a great experience in the shaving soap. When I start to shaving, in 1984, my country was under the communism, and it was very difficult to find some good items in the shops. In that time, shave soap was made in romanian fabric, and was very, very bad, and very cheap. The ,,great luxury,, of that time, was to have some Gillette blade, and shaving foam spray. For this reasons, I don,t try shaving soap, only last months. I shave in last 25 years with shave foam spray. Bad think...And now I start with D.R.Harris. In our market and in our time, now, very much people use shave soap spray, and the multiblade like Fusion..etc. I don,t believe is important the scented of shaving soaps. For perfume is after shave lotion, or eau toilette. This is the reason,for I buy D.R.Harris Naturals. This soap have coconut flavor very, very, discrete in bowl, but the foam is almost without perfume. Make one rich and thick foam, with a little water. I make the foam in bowl not on the face. And after, live the skin with good, very good hydration. I shave in the same time the face and the head. If this company put in this soap, like they said, plants and coconut oil with organic certificate, I think it is good. They said is 99% natural, 98% certificate organic. Maybe is true, cause is one very old company. But is just my opinion, because like I said I don,t have rich experience in shave soap. It is very satisfactory item, but almost without perfume.
And other problem, this soap in my area, is less at D.R Harris. Difference between Naturals and Windsor, Marlborough, Arlington, is 1.61 us...Biggrin

0 21
 05-11-2014, 09:11 AM
User Info
If the Naturals soap works well for you, Vikkktor, then that is what truly matters. It has been over 3 years since I first tried this soap. At the time, it was met with a lot of criticism. Compared to the tallow soaps, it quite simply was lacking in an ability to create any decent lather with protection.

In this time, however, it is quite possible that Harris has responded to that criticism and reformulated the Naturals for the better. Your comments certainly point to this happening.

Harris, without doubt, makes some of the best English shaving soaps around. Please enjoy what this country has to offer.Smile

31 5,279
 05-11-2014, 09:22 AM
  • vikkktor
  • Pitesti Romania
User Info
Thank,s. I don,t no about criticism about this soap. I buy because I see D.R.Harris have a long history in back, and is much cheap than other D.R.Harris soap. For the history I buy one Truefitt Hill, but I don,t tried yet.
Perhaps they reformulated the Naturals, or perhaps I don,t have good ,,taste,,...Like I said, I find much better then cream and have very good results. I,m not english to praise british products...Biggrin

0 21
 07-09-2015, 01:01 PM
  • carvelo
  • Puerto Rico
User Info
I currently own the Marlborough soap, but I'm looking forward to try the Natural version.

17 400
 07-09-2015, 01:18 PM
User Info
The soaps last forever too, since they are triple milled. I am a fan of Windsor.

0 36