05-12-2014, 06:38 PM
User Info
Tried out a cream that I'd had sitting on my shelf for months - the Axe Denim shaving cream.

[Image: i38juv.jpg]

Now, I remember having used Axe body spray some 1-2 decades ago but I wouldn't be able to pick out the scent so I have no idea if this cream smells like other Axe products or not.

It's called "Denim" and the scent is actually rather nice. It's a very 'clean' citrus scent. Not overpowering but enough to notice. I could see this being a very nice summer scent.

Not being used to doing videos at all..here is a terrabad one of me lathing up the cream a bit in my Becker scuttle...

The lather actually ended up being very nice - thick and with great lasting power - it really worked well with my SE razor that scooped up all the lather and kept it in place.

[Image: ra2gph.jpg]

I did feel pretty moisturized as well after the shave.
All in all a pleasant surprise.

So maybe not a high end product but one that I think I will go back to quite a few times this summer for it's clean, crisp citrus smell, great lather and post-shave feel.

0 338
 05-12-2014, 06:44 PM
User Info
I had to get rid of mine. My skin had a burning reaction to one of the ingredients in it.

0 836
 05-13-2014, 03:06 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I had two tubes and I gave away one to a friend and I still have the other, but I rarely use it. It's not a favourite of mine.

3 2,634
 05-13-2014, 06:34 PM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
Nice review & video!

I assume this is the version produced by Hindustan Lever in India? If so - I've tried this cream and would put it in the middle of the stable of all Indian shaving creams (Godrej being my fav of the lot). This is not to say that it's a bad cream at all; most India shaving creams offer reasonable performance and are certainly great value for money. Having said that - IMO they are not in the same league as the best creams out there today for e.g. XPEC or CF or Al's. Of course they are not in the same price segment either.

For it's price - the Axe SC is a certainly good buy.

17 535
 05-13-2014, 08:12 PM
User Info
I rather like the scent of Axe cream, more so than the scent of other Indian creams I've tried. Performance is pretty much baseline for Indian creams, so if you like Godrej/Dettol/etc. you'll probably like it as well.

12 1,247
 05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Godrej and Dettol are darn good. I'm not a fan of this Axe cream. There are worse ones, though.

3 2,634