05-15-2014, 09:42 AM
User Info
W.S.O.'s Ultimate Skincare Mentholated Pre-Shave Oil

[Image: kityyMx.jpg]

Let this review be more of my experience with this product. I had the pleasure of having my first DE shave ever using Jim's Non-Mentholated Pre-Shave. What a shave! I have tried using different pre-shaves or omitting it all together. Nothing comes close in my humble, novice experience. Jim isn’t kidding when he states he took this mentholated version a step above his standard version! Naturally when I heard he was releasing a newer, mentholated version I was hounding him for its release. Let’s get into the details of this awesome product!

Logistically speaking, freight time & packaging is speedy and serves its purpose. You will get the mentholated bottle secured with a standard twist-off cap (for travel), along with a nicely added click-top that makes dispensing a super cool breeze!

"Only Three drops away from the best shave ever!" The slogan on the dark mint green bottle states. I’m a rebel myself so five drops fell into my palm. Right away you take notice of its light mentholated scent folded into all natural oils that just smell organic and clean. Another observation is its consistency. Not as oily or thick as its Non-Mentholated version. Initially this arose concern. I applied it as normal. Again not as oily. Something I’m very accustomed to with the standard version.

After rubbing all its goodness in, I was shocked as it nearly had no cool feeling to it! Patience is a virtue, although. As I was whipping up my lathery goodness on my brush....the menthol fiercely kicked in. There was no knock at the 'door,' no requesting permission to soothe my face, it just delivered. Minty Menthol all over my stubble. A Nice & very empowering cool sensation! Not overwhelming, but cooler than I expected! My jaw nearly hit the countertop of how great it felt!

This product simply delivered above and beyond expectations! It applies very easily and kicks in roughly a minute after applied. You will NOT be disappointed by its soothing Menthol. Nor will you be let down by its amazing ability to provide all the benefits of a pre-shave with its slick, nourishing, and best-shave bonus's you come to expected with W.S.O. products!

EDIT - I humbly thank Jim @ W.S.O., his wife, and all those involved with making products from W.S.O. possible!

0 42
 05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Very nice review.

I had Andrew add Pre-Shave to the Aftershave & Cologne section, so I am moving this there.

178 23,806
 05-17-2014, 12:31 PM
User Info
Nice review! Im hoping this and the white lightning are menthol perfection.

6 84
 05-26-2014, 05:46 PM
User Info
Great Review

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my Proraso green pre shave. Like the menthol coolness of it. But would like to try a pre shave oil next. Just to compare the two. Sounds like this is one that I would really like. I'll be putting it on my to get list.

8 159
 06-09-2014, 05:15 PM
  • JrReyes
  • Cartridge Converter
  • Ft. Worth, TX
User Info
Thank you for this review. i am in the market for a pre-shave oil and WSO was first on my list. i was torn between menthol or non-mentholated versions. i think i will go with the methol version after reading this. i say thanks for the heads up regarding the delayed cooling effect.

19 278
 06-09-2014, 06:41 PM
User Info
(06-09-2014, 05:15 PM)JrReyes Wrote: Thank you for this review. i am in the market for a pre-shave oil and WSO was first on my list. i was torn between menthol or non-mentholated versions. i think i will go with the methol version after reading this. i say thanks for the heads up regarding the delayed cooling effect.

Great review!...will be next on my list to try for sure. To date the best cooling shave oil I've tried is TICO*, all organic EO and incredibly smooth & soothing

9 154
 06-23-2014, 12:27 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Thanks for the review, sounds like a great product!

99 18,011