05-16-2014, 01:02 PM
User Info
Hey guys, Smile

I just acquired this and would like some suggestions on how to clean up/polish this case. BTW, this is going into my permanent collection. Smile

All suggestions are appreciated.

[Image: kzAvu94.jpg]

[Image: JzlPwlQ.jpg]

0 23
 05-16-2014, 05:17 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Try toothpaste on a soft cloth and rub out,polish and then rinse...toothpaste is mildly abrasive and works well on plastic...can try on the bottom to see if you like what it does.

6 2,023
 05-16-2014, 05:51 PM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
That my friend is bakelite. Wash it with dish detergent and a soft sponge, rinse it very well and let it dry. Dont use super hot water. After that get some simichrome or some flitz and polish it. After that get mothers plastic polish which will polish and protect it. I an envious as i collect both bakelite Razors and shaving sets as well as both DE & SE Razors that come in bakelite cases. I do not, however, have that case. If you do what I outlined above that I do regularly to all my bakelite items ( i forgot to mention brushes as well) it will look absolutely gorgeous and the natural swirl in the bakelite will have fantastic depth.

9 429
 05-16-2014, 06:25 PM
User Info
Thanks for the responses! They are very useful and exactly what I was looking for. Smile

0 23