05-17-2014, 03:41 AM
User Info
Today I present SIMPSONS Luxury Shaving Cream Lavender &Vativert Limited Edition !

Simpsons worked on this cream for more than a year with their producer and Mark says they have managed to create a cream that i quote him " We believe it 's as good as it gets ! " ... Hmm let's see.

Presentation:
It comes in a gray tin someone to say anything special but in my opinion it is very beautiful and quite resistant for this i give 8/10.

[Image: 1_zps4879ac0d.jpg]

[Image: 2_zps687fb81a.jpg]

[Image: 4_zps90733556.jpg]

Price and availability:
Simpsons is listed on the website priced at £ 12.95 proximatix 17.76 $ + shipping the price is 33.62 for you guys in the US i think is more than fair for what you get !
It is only available on their website though so for this i will give 8/10.

Ingredients :
I put a picture of the ingredients .... It is not my field here but i own a jar of Martin de Candre and i think it has only 5 or 6 ingredients so i give it a 5/10.

[Image: 3_zps27315dff.jpg]

Consistency:
This is not a very soft cream it is quite consistent ,the cream has 85 % same ingredients as the unscented, remaining few ingredients probably making the difference in both consistency and scent.

[Image: 5_zpsc953fe21.jpg]

Scent:
Very interesting, I can smell a huge bouquet of carnations in a autumn rainy day exactly when the rain stops, i can feel the moist air and the electricity in the atmosphere, I think the vativert gives this sensation ,don't get me wrong the lavender is definitely there it is not a sweet lavander though .
It's definitely British ,cold , strong but calming and relaxing at the same time,the scent is constant before and during shaving .I give the scent 10/10 I love it.

Lathering:
Simpsons recommend direct lathering on the face and that I usually do, but in this case I made an exception because I was not sure how I could take the pictures without trembling !
The method of lathering is the one presented on the forum , I put a small amount of cream in the bowl ,I used my M89 Silvertip fibre shaving and started gradually adding water to create lather not a thirsty cream i have wet my brush under running tap I added just a few drops of water after !

[Image: 6_zps6b7c24b6.jpg]

The result was an exceptional lather in an amount more than reasonable, the properties maintained until the completion of shaving . I give it a 10/10.

Picture after 10 sec.
[Image: 8_zps8e3e7555.jpg]

Picture after 20 sec.
[Image: 9_zps823fed70.jpg]

Post shave and lubrication:
Skin felt very smooth and hydrated haven't got that "tight" skin after it's really ok didn't feel the need to use AS. after.
In terms of lubrication , the razor glide effortlessly on the skin Rating 8/10 .

Conclusion:
A cream at least interesting , I did not have to use it for a longer period because I felt from the first second of use that is a premium product , I personally will buy and sandalwood and citrus burst !
I hope I covered all the points !

Thanks Mark/Vulfix for the opportunity to try the cream.
This is my firs review so i hope you guys excuse lack of experience !
And sorry for my bad english !

Enjoy

0 6
 05-21-2014, 06:25 AM
User Info
Nice review and pictures. I'll definitely try this scent, along with the Vanilla Rose and Sandalwood. I'm just waiting for them to arrive at US sellers.

50 6,080
 05-22-2014, 02:49 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Very nice review!

26 4,928
 05-23-2014, 01:23 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
One to add to my must buy list, thanks for the review!

99 18,011
 05-30-2014, 05:59 AM
User Info
Thanks for the review

4 58
 05-30-2014, 07:59 AM
  • radu
  • Shaver
  • Romania
User Info
Nice review Barak.

0 227
 06-03-2014, 12:50 AM
User Info
(05-30-2014, 07:59 AM)radu Wrote: Nice review Barak.

Thank you all ! Afer trying more methods of lathering i find that is very easy to just load the brush directly from the thin ,the consistency of the cream allows that , it is very good for travel too ~

Hope they make this cream for a long time because is my favorite scent from all the products i have tried and i'am a very picky user !

0 6
 06-03-2014, 06:17 AM
User Info
Nice review. Looks like a good cream.

Interestingly, although the name implies that vetiver oil would be included, there is no vetiver in the ingredients list.

Sounds like a great scent, though. If I used creams at all I would certainly consider one of these new Simpson's creams. I haven't used a cream in several years.

2 1,459