05-12-2012, 08:30 PM
User Info
so kansas city finally opened up its first AOS store. I haven't been in one since I lived in DC and went pretty much every time I went to the mall. I went in with the purpose of smelling the ocean kelp line. It was interesting to see that rather than preshave oil, they had preshave gel, and rather than an after shave balm they had a lotion. the scent was pleasant for the summer months but fleeting, which i prefer since i wear cologne after. the lotion felt better than the balm does. I really enjoy AOS balms but during the summer the balms feel too milky. I'm wondering if anyone has used the lotion and can provide their thoughts on how good it performs. Comparisons to their balms or gels?

8 118
 05-12-2012, 09:34 PM
User Info
The lotion is definitely lighter feeling than balm. I think it still feels heavier than a splash, but using it in warm weather does not bother my face like AoS Sandalwood balm does. I like the scent of Ocean Kelp and it does blend nicely with my colognes.

129 6,685
 05-14-2012, 04:38 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I'll have to hit the AOS store in the mall in Orlando.

100 12,436
 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM
User Info
Dont forget you can also get AOS at Nordstrom. They had the whole line of Ocean Kelp stuff at my local (Burlington, MA) one.

72 1,405