05-24-2014, 07:46 AM
User Info
[Image: j622wpN.jpg]

Hi Guy's,

For the past couple day's I've been using the Schick Slim Twin Razor System that I picked up off Ebay. I used this razor back in 1990 and really liked it. I was disappointed when I couldn't buy replacement cartridges for it about a year later. I ended up going back to using my Gillette Atra, and then the Mach-3. Neither of them gave me a shave that was as smooth and irritation free as the Slim Twin. I think that it rivals the shaves that I get from my adjustable Injector razor. Schick blew it when they quit making this razor, as I've tried the disposable version and they don't even compare.

Clayton

6 627
 05-24-2014, 08:06 AM
User Info
I love the Schick Slim Twin -- my favorite cartridge of all time and what I used back at that time.

But I disagree with you about the disposable. I think it performs equally well and I still use it today (sometimes when travelling, sometimes on mornings where I shave in the shower).

That slim head allows for very precise angle control and touch up.

0 303
 05-24-2014, 02:00 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
def one of the better ones. that slim head is real asset, as well.
didn't care for the disposable, but not too far off the mark, just not quite there enough
to stay with it. kinda happens when one gets spoiled by what they like using.

0 1,291
 05-24-2014, 02:25 PM
User Info
(05-24-2014, 02:00 PM)OldDog23 Wrote: def one of the better ones. that slim head is real asset, as well.
didn't care for the disposable, but not too far off the mark, just not quite there enough
to stay with it. kinda happens when one gets spoiled by what they like using.
That's what I thought too, but the disposable just shaved a little rough and left me with some razor burn. The other nice thing about the razor system handle is that you can lock the head if you don't want it to pivot. And I definately like the slimmer cartridge for shaving under the nose.

Clayton

6 627
 05-24-2014, 03:25 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
I never had any experience with the Slim Twin, but around that same time I used a Schick Tracer that I really liked.

- Murray

4 1,150
 05-24-2014, 05:22 PM
User Info
It is my favorite cartridge for the ATRA class razors.

My ST handle and carts are in my travel kit.

1 2,827
 05-24-2014, 05:47 PM
User Info
Why didn't I ever notice this before? I like the concept.
1. Does it only take Schick carts, or will it accept Gillette Tracs and/or Atras and their clones? Hard to tell from the photos.
2. Made in USA or overseas? The few currently on eBay are the latter.

29 1,776
 05-24-2014, 06:37 PM
User Info
(05-24-2014, 05:47 PM)rsp1202 Wrote: Why didn't I ever notice this before? I like the concept.
1. Does it only take Schick carts, or will it accept Gillette Tracs and/or Atras and their clones? Hard to tell from the photos.
2. Made in USA or overseas? The few currently on eBay are the latter.

The package said it was made in Hong Kong by Warner Lambert. Atra cartridges should fit it since the Slim Twin carts fit the Atra.

Clayton

6 627
 05-25-2014, 04:45 AM
User Info
I still remember that I had an Atlanta Hawks Schick Slim Twin handle. They were selling these NBA themed ones, and at the time I was living in Atlanta.

Nothing against the Hawks, but I didn't want an NBA one. But one time I needed a razor and bought it. And as Murphy's Law would have it, that Atlanta Hawks Slim Twin stayed around for years.

(I think I used it until they stopped selling carts for it).

0 303
 05-25-2014, 07:23 AM
User Info
The Slim Twin was marketed as the Advantage in Europe, it seems it was just as popular here as it was over there i.e. nobody remembers it Blush

0 280
 05-25-2014, 07:38 AM
User Info
(05-25-2014, 07:23 AM)Sabre Wrote: The Slim Twin was marketed as the Advantage in Europe, it seems it was just as popular here as it was over there i.e. nobody remembers it Blush

I remembered it and it really sucked when they quit selling the carts for it. I think they wanted to concentrate on the Tracer which is also a great razor that was competing against the Gillette Sensor at that time.

Clayton

6 627
 01-05-2015, 09:25 PM
User Info
I dig the ST2 disposables — that little tab above the blades that clears the schmutz from between the cutting edges - terrific idea. I never tried the handle & cartridge variety.
Up until about 1995 I used a Gillette Atra, and then somehow wound up buying a bag of ST2s (they were probably out of Atra carts). I liked 'em fine and kept buying them until about 2012. That's when I bought my first DE ~ a Merkur 42C "1904" with that single Merkur blade.

I would still buy the ST2 disposable if that's what there was available. The BiC METAL single blade disposable is my all time favorite throw away, but they are next to impossible to find anymore.
Euro

5 395
 01-06-2015, 11:18 AM
  • MikeGJ
  • Grand Junction, CO
User Info
+1 on the ST2, my current travel razor choice

+1 on the Bic Metal, the single blade is wonderful, though the handle/grip is poor.

(01-05-2015, 09:25 PM)opsimath Wrote: I dig the ST2 disposables — that little tab above the blades that clears the schmutz from between the cutting edges - terrific idea. I never tried the handle & cartridge variety.
Up until about 1995 I used a Gillette Atra, and then somehow wound up buying a bag of ST2s (they were probably out of Atra carts). I liked 'em fine and kept buying them until about 2012. That's when I bought my first DE ~ a Merkur 42C "1904" with that single Merkur blade.

I would still buy the ST2 disposable if that's what there was available. The Bic METAL single blade disposable is my all time favorite throw away, but they are next to impossible to find anymore.
Euro

1 110
 01-06-2015, 03:26 PM
User Info
I took some Slim Twin disposables on a trip, and the end result was not pretty. I find them a bit tuggy. I did like Tracers though.

0 1,070
 02-27-2015, 07:33 AM
User Info
I have a few handles, I collect unopened razors. I appear to have quite a lot of Schick's whether Ultra, Ultrex, Tracer/FX, Super II, ST/Advantage. I would say the Advantage did look quite narrow and probably prone to clogging, that is a summation as I have never shaved with one. The Tracer's clogged badly on recollection...

0 280
 03-17-2017, 02:48 PM
User Info
(02-27-2015, 07:33 AM)Sabre Wrote: I have a few handles, I collect unopened razors. I appear to have quite a lot of Schick's whether Ultra, Ultrex, Tracer/FX, Super II, ST/Advantage. I would say the Advantage did look quite narrow and probably prone to clogging, that is a summation as I have never shaved with one. The Tracer's clogged badly on recollection...

There is a lot of slim twin cartridges on Amazon.com, I have been able to buy a few, unfortunately I do not have the handle. At the moment I use the Gillette Atra handle, which is no the same but works.

0 1