05-13-2012, 12:04 PM
  • texquill
  • Olver Warbucks
  • Richardson - DFW area of Texas
User Info
The following auction closed about an hour ago, and I'm unable to identify what model the brush is. The only reference I can find is CON 3. Gary Young is quoted in comments on an earlier 'bay auction that the subject brush was made in the 60s, but he didn't mention the model name or number.

Link to auction that closed 13 May

30 237
 05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
User Info
The 'Con 3' was an abbreviated term used by us for this 'new' style back in the 60s. 'Con' stood for 'Contemporary' - which it was back then!. The '3' was the handle style used for this chequered range we dabbled in.

Gary

0 213
 05-13-2012, 12:29 PM
  • texquill
  • Olver Warbucks
User Info
(05-13-2012, 12:21 PM)Gary Young Wrote: The 'Con 3' was an abbreviated term used by us for this 'new' style back in the 60s. 'Con' stood for 'Contemporary' - which it was back then!. The '3' was the handle style used for this chequered range we dabbled in.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I'm looking forward to seeing how the brush performs!

30 237
 05-13-2012, 12:30 PM
User Info
(05-13-2012, 12:29 PM)texquill Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 12:21 PM)Gary Young Wrote: The 'Con 3' was an abbreviated term used by us for this 'new' style back in the 60s. 'Con' stood for 'Contemporary' - which it was back then!. The '3' was the handle style used for this chequered range we dabbled in.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I'm looking forward to seeing how the brush performs!

So you picked it up?! If so, well done. Not many of those around any more (although I have a load of handles in the loft!)

Gary

0 213
 05-13-2012, 12:41 PM
  • texquill
  • Olver Warbucks
User Info
(05-13-2012, 12:30 PM)Gary Young Wrote: So you picked it up?! If so, well done. Not many of those around any more (although I have a load of handles in the loft!)

Gary

The brush was originally listed in mid-April and, because I was about to leave on 3 weeks holiday, I asked the seller to change the listing to a Buy It Now. She agreed, but someone entered a bid before I could make the purchase. When I returned from my travels, I was delighted to find that the winner had reneged on the purchase and the seller had re-listed the brush. I reckon it was meant to be mine!

30 237
 05-13-2012, 12:55 PM
User Info
(05-13-2012, 12:41 PM)texquill Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 12:30 PM)Gary Young Wrote: So you picked it up?! If so, well done. Not many of those around any more (although I have a load of handles in the loft!)

Gary

The brush was originally listed in mid-April and, because I was about to leave on 3 weeks holiday, I asked the seller to change the listing to a Buy It Now. She agreed, but someone entered a bid before I could make the purchase. When I returned from my travels, I was delighted to find that the winner had reneged on the purchase and the seller had re-listed the brush. I reckon it was meant to be mine!

Ken

Pleased for you!
Funnily enough I have just come across a 'pre-Simpson' branded Wee Scot which will be winging its way to me in the next few days.

Gary

0 213
 05-13-2012, 02:12 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(05-13-2012, 12:55 PM)Gary Young Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 12:41 PM)texquill Wrote:

Gary

Ken

Pleased for you!
Funnily enough I have just come across a 'pre-Simpson' branded Wee Scot which will be winging its way to me in the next few days.

Gary

Great find, love some pics when it arrives.

As always Gary, great to have your knowledgeable input!

91 17,795