05-25-2014, 02:55 PM
User Info
All the Plisson synthetic brush talk, some even started by me, reignited my desire to finally own one. The fact that today I received a L'Occitane 20% Off code that ends this month, and my fear that the Cade might be discontinued or its price substantially raised because of the new Plisson series, sealed the deal.

Since I wanted instant gratification, I decided to take a short walk to my friendly neighborhood L'Occitane in Grand Central Station, NYC. In the store was a pleasant young female clerk and what appeared to be her boyfriend keeping her company. Both appeared to be in their early 20's.

As I was browsing the shaving products, the boyfriend came over and started a friendly chat. So far, so good.

A few moments into our discussion about the quality of L'Occitane products, while I was sniffing the Cade soap, he advised me that the cream was better because, I kid you not, "it's the soap, but liquefied, and therefore makes it easier to shave and better for your skin." I nodded politely at his wet shaving ignorance and borderline blasphemy.

My mission engaged, I began to examine the Cade brush to remove any lingering doubts that I "needed" the brush. Boyfriend then advised me about how I would enjoy the brush, carefully explaining that it "performed and felt even better than a genuine beaver brush." I looked at him askance, recovered, and politely corrected him that he must mean a badger brush. He courteously, but firmly, stated that he knows about such things and that it was I who was clearly mistaken. Experienced shavers all know that the best brushes, absent of course the Cade in my hands, were made of beaver!

At this point, the clerk who was obviously listening to our conversation and appeared to know better, came over and wisely interrupted to ask if I needed any help.

Sadly, my code only works online, but now thoroughly amused, I have a sudden urge to try a beaver brush. I assume that they must have great heat and water retention . . .

0 386
 05-25-2014, 03:02 PM
User Info
Hilarious must get a Beaver or maybe and artificial one.

3 84
 05-25-2014, 04:24 PM
User Info
I've tried about five times to come up with a witty comment to leave here which would be in good taste.

Mission not accomplished.

129 6,685
 05-25-2014, 04:26 PM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
What are you going to do when your sink doesn't drain?

0 1,137
 05-25-2014, 04:27 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(05-25-2014, 04:24 PM)wingdo Wrote: I've tried about five times to come up with a witty comment to leave here which would be in good taste.

Silence is golden ... Sleepy

102 18,552
 05-25-2014, 04:36 PM
User Info
(05-25-2014, 04:24 PM)wingdo Wrote: I've tried about five times to come up with a witty comment to leave here which would be in good taste.

It was very hard keeping my story G-rated when discussing wet beaver . . . brushes . . .

0 386
 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM
User Info
Yeah. Wouldn't touch that one with a 10-foot . . . pole.

29 1,776
 05-25-2014, 07:50 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
I keep hearing about this 20% off coupon but have no idea how to get it..... can someone help me out?

58 1,312
 05-25-2014, 08:02 PM
User Info
(05-25-2014, 07:50 PM)Lutebro Wrote: I keep hearing about this 20% off coupon but have no idea how to get it..... can someone help me out?

Unfortunately, it's no longer active. The code was shared on The Big Shave Facebook page, but it has exceeded its number of uses.

0 386
 05-25-2014, 08:29 PM
User Info

Laughing1

82 21,056
 05-26-2014, 08:59 AM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
Beaver brushes perform quite well but they're damn expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 132
 05-26-2014, 09:32 AM
User Info
(05-26-2014, 08:59 AM)Exapno Wrote: Beaver brushes perform quite well but they're a damn expensive.

They also tend to shed a lot.

129 6,685
 05-26-2014, 10:01 PM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
I don't like too much scratch

17 437
 05-27-2014, 10:07 PM
User Info
Lutebro I sent you a 20 percent off code I used yesterday. It is not the one used on the FB site. After you use it you can put it up if you want to. If anyone else needs it PM me. Oh and you should also get a code for free shipping with any over 25 dollar purchase automatically when you check out.

2 71
 05-28-2014, 10:43 AM
User Info
Well the code I have is redeemed . Darn it. I was trying to keep it on the low down so It would not get overused by people not on the Nook.

2 71
 05-28-2014, 10:50 AM
User Info
(05-28-2014, 10:43 AM)rrwatch Wrote: Well the code I have is redeemed . Darn it. I was trying to keep it on the low down so It would not get overused by people not on the Nook.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened at TBS.

0 386
 10-11-2014, 05:57 PM
User Info
OMG! I love it. Had to read your phenomenal story to my wife who got a real kick out if it. Thanks for sharing that Branford.

0 140
 10-11-2014, 10:56 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
 10-11-2014, 11:18 PM
User Info
Sorry I warn you now the following comment may be g- rated and I wholly apologise for the bad taste!!!!!

I in my younger days test drove a number of beaver brushes - some very dense and bushy others with small lofts and with a lot of scritch. I loved the variety of handles that came with beaver brushes - my only issue was the upkeep - beaver handles need slot of care and understanding - but they at many a time provided much pleasure. On the other side they were so unforgiving. I also found it very difficult to get a standard and constant rotation - for some reason beaver brushes sense when other brushes are used and get very jealous and unpredictable, and the fishy smells on some could never be washed out (Blush) - I was then introduced to badger - which seemed to do away all the minuses of a beaver brush- so much so I have one for every day in a month and not one has ever complained or given me any form of abuse - I still like to give a beaver a go every now and then but it really has to be with my other halfs permission and involvement - still enjoy the pleasure they bring - just wish someone would work out the negative kinks -and these could really take on - just think starting your daily shave with a beaver brush!!!!!!!!!!!

2 68
 10-12-2014, 08:08 AM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
(10-11-2014, 11:18 PM)Nrahuf Wrote: Sorry I warn you now the following comment may be g- rated and I wholly apologise for the bad taste!!!!!

I in my younger days test drove a number of beaver brushes - some very dense and bushy others with small lofts and with a lot of scritch. I loved the variety of handles that came with beaver brushes - my only issue was the upkeep - beaver handles need slot of care and understanding - but they at many a time provided much pleasure. On the other side they were so unforgiving. I also found it very difficult to get a standard and constant rotation - for some reason beaver brushes sense when other brushes are used and get very jealous and unpredictable, and the fishy smells on some could never be washed out (Blush) - I was then introduced to badger - which seemed to do away all the minuses of a beaver brush- so much so I have one for every day in a month and not one has ever complained or given me any form of abuse - I still like to give a beaver a go every now and then but it really has to be with my other halfs permission and involvement - still enjoy the pleasure they bring - just wish someone would work out the negative kinks -and these could really take on - just think starting your daily shave with a beaver brush!!!!!!!!!!!

2 242