05-26-2014, 08:39 AM
User Info
I use body wash in the shower and have always used whatever is on sale at the market.

does anyone use anything that has less chemicals in it?

do any of our vendors/artisans make a body wash?!

40 5,830
 05-26-2014, 09:55 AM
User Info
For the last year I've been using Every Man Jack body wash. I really like the Citrus and the Cedarwood. The Sandlewood smells "fake" to me though. I like that I can buy it at Target. Seems to have "good stuff" in it, essential oils and glycerine, makes my skin feel good. I think they're around $5 a bottle and last me 3 to 4 weeks.

21 555
 05-26-2014, 06:17 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
If you happen to be a fan of that Tabac scent, they make a great body wash. And the scent is spot on with the shaving soap and also the aftershave splash.

18 281
 05-26-2014, 07:37 PM
User Info
(05-26-2014, 09:55 AM)BriDroid Wrote: For the last year I've been using Every Man Jack body wash. I really like the Citrus and the Cedarwood. The Sandlewood smells "fake" to me though. I like that I can buy it at Target. Seems to have "good stuff" in it, essential oils and glycerine, makes my skin feel good. I think they're around $5 a bottle and last me 3 to 4 weeks.

I'll have to check it out when I get some time.

(05-26-2014, 06:17 PM)daccpa Wrote: If you happen to be a fan of that Tabac scent, they make a great body wash. And the scent is spot on with the shaving soap and also the aftershave splash.

surprisingly, I don't have a problem with the smell of tabac.

I wish I could get a bar of soap to lather up very well on my loofah without having to continually go back to it to add more soap to it.

that's something I like about body wash: it seems to lather up incredibly well.

I'm very tempted to buy a few of Mike's Natural body soaps to see how they do.

40 5,830
 05-27-2014, 04:56 AM
User Info
(05-26-2014, 07:37 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: I wish I could get a bar of soap to lather up very well on my loofah without having to continually go back to it to add more soap to it.

This is the reason I have not purchased any of the artisan soaps. I too wish I could get soaps lathered up on a loofah, I cannot use wash cloths, they just roll up on me.

31 1,800
 05-27-2014, 11:50 PM
User Info
(05-27-2014, 04:56 AM)Bowhnter Wrote:
(05-26-2014, 07:37 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: I wish I could get a bar of soap to lather up very well on my loofah without having to continually go back to it to add more soap to it.

This is the reason I have not purchased any of the artisan soaps. I too wish I could get soaps lathered up on a loofah, I cannot use wash cloths, they just roll up on me.

I sent Mike an e-mail to see if his body soaps lather up well.

I really hope that it does because his soap is incredibly popular.

40 5,830
 05-28-2014, 09:15 PM
User Info
For a while I've been using old spice 2 in 1 (shampoo + body wash). Just yesterday I received a shampoo bar from Mikes natural soap that I'm using for my entire body since I have very very short hair (clippers). I used it for the first time today and after a few circles on my head and under my arms it created a ton of lather. It was great to use. I wasn't overly fond of the scent of the shampoo bar but it wouldn't stop me from ordering it again.

12 848
 05-28-2014, 10:31 PM
User Info
Dr Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap works well for me, and it don't have any chemicals in it that isn't needed.

When I'm in a rush - ie: spend too long shaving - I simply uses Mike's shampoo bar all over... I'm that shaggy Tongue

3 4,370
 05-28-2014, 11:25 PM
User Info
(05-28-2014, 09:15 PM)ShaneN. Wrote: For a while I've been using old spice 2 in 1 (shampoo + body wash). Just yesterday I received a shampoo bar from Mikes natural soap that I'm using for my entire body since I have very very short hair (clippers). I used it for the first time today and after a few circles on my head and under my arms it created a ton of lather. It was great to use. I wasn't overly fond of the scent of the shampoo bar but it wouldn't stop me from ordering it again.

do you happen to have a loofah that you'd be able to test the bar with?

that's the only thing holding me back at the moment from buying a few bars of his bath soaps: whether it lathers up well with a loofah. I suppose I could just rub the puck over my body and then come back and hit it with a loofah.

40 5,830
 05-29-2014, 12:48 AM
User Info
I don't sorry, and this is the shampoo bar so I'm not sure if it lathers more/easier than regular soap. I don't see why you couldn't make a lather on yourself and use a loofah with it.

(05-28-2014, 11:25 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(05-28-2014, 09:15 PM)ShaneN. Wrote: For a while I've been using old spice 2 in 1 (shampoo + body wash). Just yesterday I received a shampoo bar from Mikes natural soap that I'm using for my entire body since I have very very short hair (clippers). I used it for the first time today and after a few circles on my head and under my arms it created a ton of lather. It was great to use. I wasn't overly fond of the scent of the shampoo bar but it wouldn't stop me from ordering it again.

that's the only thing holding me back at the moment from buying a few bars of his bath soaps: whether it lathers up well with a loofah. I suppose I could just rub the puck over my body and then come back and hit it with a loofah.

12 848
 05-29-2014, 07:55 AM
User Info
(05-29-2014, 12:48 AM)ShaneN. Wrote: I don't sorry, and this is the shampoo bar so I'm not sure if it lathers more/easier than regular soap. I don't see why you couldn't make a lather on yourself and use a loofah with it.

(05-28-2014, 11:25 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:

in the past I would rub the bar of soap on the loofah directly.

40 5,830
 05-29-2014, 08:45 PM
User Info
it just so happens that my body wash was empty when I went to use it tonight for my shower. my wife ended up having a bar of black soap in the shower that I used.

I wound up rubbing the entire bar all over my body and then going back with the loofah to work the soap in. It definitely didn't lather well, though I don't know if that soap produces a good lather on its own.

40 5,830
 09-12-2015, 11:29 AM
User Info
Novice, here. I've tried Dial Gold and it doesn't feel like it rinses off completely, like a layer of "slick" has been left behind on the skin, at least until toweling off. Is this normal for liquid body washes?

29 1,776