05-28-2014, 04:35 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
Hey friends. Since this brush is getting so much love, if you ever wanted the knot in another plisson handle here's the link. I don't know if they have any brushes with a bigger knot since I did not look with a lot of great detail. But if your interested here's a link for you all. Any who have a great day!

http://blaireauxplisson.com/en/39-shavingbrushes-fiber

10 963
 05-28-2014, 07:18 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
They went nuts and gave the synthetic every handle they make!

35 1,329
 05-28-2014, 07:21 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(05-28-2014, 07:18 AM)refles Wrote: They went nuts and gave the synthetic every handle they make!

Except for the pre-ban real ivory ... Angel

102 18,652
 05-28-2014, 07:31 AM
User Info
Good stuff!

69 2,186
 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
(05-28-2014, 07:21 AM)Agravic Wrote:
(05-28-2014, 07:18 AM)refles Wrote: They went nuts and gave the synthetic every handle they make!

Except for the pre-ban real ivory ... Angel

Yes I missed one Blush... but that would be hilarious if you have a synthetic loaded into pre-banned ivory than a pre-banned & HMW Tongue

(but wouldn't it be like hypocritical to have synthetic mated to a pre banned ivory?)

35 1,329
 05-28-2014, 10:46 PM
User Info
Actually I tried to place an order and after everything was inputted the site wanted me to sign in to see how I could pay.

BS! I just want the brush and to pay as a guest and I don't want yet another log in or to "belong". They have lost a sale.

What ever happened to just making the sale without all of the BS!?

I'd like to try a Plisson, but a synthetic in a wooden handle simply makes no sense to me. I want it in synthetic or it's no deal.

Maybe I'm just an old fart, but a synthetic fiber brush in a natural wood handle just seems to me to be contradictory. That's not for me.

Dang! I did try. Frustrated.

32 6,459
 05-28-2014, 11:37 PM
User Info
(05-28-2014, 10:46 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Actually I tried to place an order and after everything was inputted the site wanted me to sign in to see how I could pay.

BS! I just want the brush and to pay as a guest and I don't want yet another log in or to "belong". They have lost a sale.

What ever happened to just making the sale without all of the BS!?

I'd like to try a Plisson, but a synthetic in a wooden handle simply makes no sense to me. I want it in synthetic or it's no deal.

Maybe I'm just an old fart, but a synthetic fiber brush in a natural wood handle just seems to me to be contradictory. That's not for me.

Dang! I did try. Frustrated.

Brian, may I ask why you object so strongly to registering on the Plisson site to complete the transaction?

I generally take for granted the need to register on most sites in order to purchase, particularly for non-domestic online vendors. You need not subscribe to any emails (I've received none), and since payment options options include Paypal or echeck, Plisson would not have direct access to your financial information.

I also think the wood handle on the Cade is simply to save money and improve margins. However, some people definitely like wooden handles, just look at the many well-received offerings by Semogue. Also, many of the Plisson's wood handles appear quite attractive.

0 386
 06-01-2014, 11:21 PM
User Info
Steve I have more pieces of paper floating around with registrations, you can't possibly imagine. If I lose one, or forget the data (I definitely have already) sites reject my log ins. It's beyond frustrating and totally not required. I was paying with Paypal and what is more secure for both the seller and buyer? I don't want them to have my credit card #.

:-) I don't want to "belong". I just want to pay my $ and get the merchandise. I want nothing else from them and if I do I'll go throught the great inconvenience of taking a few seconds to type in something I know by heart... my name and address and data that I don't want them to store. :-)
I trust myself with my data, I don't trust folks I don't know to keep MY data safe.

Registration is pure BS. I certainly don't require it on my site and I keep no customer records on any computer of mine. If someone comes back I want them to return because they like my product and the way they were treated, not because of some psychological ploy that they "belong" by having been registered. I hate it when a site plays those mind games. I also hate flipping through all the papers on my desk to find the log in. Yes, I always enable auto login, but something in my computer appears to wipe them periodically to piss me off. It happened just tonight in fact. I certainly didn't tell any software on my computer to wipe my logins. Really, I wouldn't do that to myself. :-)

Plisson did get back to me and told me that it shouldn't require registration. I'll try one more time.

I have no doubt folks like wood handles, and I have a few myself and I absolutely love wood in it's proper place. Heck, I'm a wood worker becasue I love wood. But if I have a choice for a synthetic knot I want a synthetic handle to go with it. When I heard that synthetic handles were available it got me off the fence I'd been sitting on regarding that brush. But I'm an older crotchety SOB and I learned long ago not to settle for what a company wants to sell me (in this case a wooden handle), so I was sitting this brush out, silently. Biggrin I just don't think a synthetic brush and a wooden handle belong together. OK, plus the pix of the wooden handled Plissons never turned me on at all. Whether it was the photography or the handle, the handle got the blame.

Edit: I just tried to buy what I wanted for the last time, unsuccessfully. The site won't allow me to even see how to pay without "signing in".

32 6,459
 06-04-2014, 01:41 PM
User Info
When I go to a site for the first time to buy something, I always sign in as a guess. As you said I don't want 2,000 passwords to keep track of.
.. ..

5 1,537
 06-04-2014, 01:44 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(06-04-2014, 01:41 PM)shave/brush Wrote: When I go to a site for the first time to buy something, I always sign in as a guess. As you said I don't want 2,000 passwords to keep track of.
.. ..

I use Roboform on a zip drive to keep track of ALL of my passwords. Highly recommended.

14 871
 06-04-2014, 06:26 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I've read a pretty interesting case study about a site that had mediocre sales investigating how to re-invigorate their online sales presence. After a while they discovered that people were constantly putting stuff in their cart, but when they got to the purchase page it made them create an account. At this point people just left the site and never came back.

They spent some time and effort in making the site allow "quick checkout" with no account necessary, and they witnessed a serious increase in profits and completed transactions. All it took was removing the extra time involved in allowing someone to purchase goods.

I don't want to have to create an account. I don't know if I will ever be back to purchase anything else. I just want to buy what I came there to buy.

This isn't the same case study, but it includes some habits and statistics about it:
http://www.marketingdonut.co.uk/blog/201...ng-process
They mention 29% of checkout abandonment they researched were caused by having to create an account before purchase.

10 757
 06-05-2014, 08:26 AM
User Info
(06-04-2014, 06:26 PM)grantmm Wrote: I don't want to have to create an account. I don't know if I will ever be back to purchase anything else. I just want to buy what I came there to buy.

My sentiments, exactly, and if I like the site, I will be back.

83 21,077