05-31-2014, 01:44 PM
User Info
Note I've only been wet shaving for about two months now. A couple weeks ago, I treated myself to an ATT M1 for my birthday. I'd been shaving with a Merkur 34C since I started. The Merkur and Personna Labs were my "go-to" combo. I've been using nothing but the ATT since I got it, and it's been punishing. Only two times have I finished shaving without bleeding. The shaves have been close, but they've been pretty punishing.

So this morning I loaded a fresh Personna Lab into the 34C, used a favorite soap, and proceeded to drag and tug my way through the shave. I couldn't believe how much rougher the shave felt. And I'd been pondering selling the ATT. I think I'll be working more to reduce weepers, but it appears I like the shave of the ATT better....

0 18
 05-31-2014, 02:05 PM
User Info
First off congratulations joining the growing number of wet shavers using traditional razors. I think what is causing your weepers is you are pressing too hard while shaving. The razor you are using is very heavy. Try very light passes avoiding pressure and don't go over the same spot over and over again. Also you are still in the learning process so don't worry it will get much better with experience. We all go through the same thing.

121 13,209
 05-31-2014, 03:52 PM
User Info
Great advice by Jerry and good luck with the ATT.

83 21,110
 06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
  • Lb1
  • United Kingdom
User Info
My first DE was a 34c before I developed RAD. I recently bought an ATT M1 Kronos and found that to be a fair bit more aggressive than the 34c. I don't tend to hang onto razors for long if I don't get with them so swapped it for another razor.

Stick with the advice above and take your time. Alternatively embrace the RAD and enjoy the journey Tongue

0 105
 06-01-2014, 03:45 PM
User Info
Have you tried different blades? I find the M1 plate quite mild but blades like Feather, Med Prep or a Super Iridium gives a close, smooth shave.

46 489
 06-12-2014, 02:08 PM
User Info
Your still very new so don't make any final decisions yet

0 70