06-02-2014, 05:12 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
Just finished my shave this evening. Boker straight and C.O. Bigelow cream. Lovely.
Some of you might know that I don't use any soaps or creams I can't get locally, except for a few that have been Pif'd to me.
Not that I would not like to try some of the others (and I will one day), but my budget right now does not include mail order/online orders for soaps and creams. In fact, I would not be wetshaving at all if I had not had both a DE and a straight passed down to me. No complaints, but that's the way it is.
So I use VDH Deluxe soap, and Real Shave Co. and C.O. Bigelow creams. And these are all in my estimation wonderful products that belie their low price tag. Every time I use one of these products, I'm amazed at what they deliver.
My shave this evening was close, smooth, and refreshing. And the C.O. Bigelow ALWAYS delivers like that. Followed the shave up with cold towels, splash on some Aqua Velva Ice Blue, and I'm in shave heaven.

2 1,683
 06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
User Info
Mike, there isn't anything wrong with Bigelow. It's very refreshing. You have reminded me to get some out for my next shave. Menthol is great this time of year.

2 546
 06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I don't have any Bigelow but I have its older sister, Proraso Green. Always an excellent shave.

178 23,808
 06-03-2014, 04:21 AM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
(06-02-2014, 07:36 PM)Johnny Wrote: I don't have any Bigelow but I have its older sister, Proraso Green. Always an excellent shave.
On most of the forums it's common knowledge that they are the same product, but if you catch the C.O. Bigelow on the buy 2, get one, it's cheaper, and no shipping charges.

2 1,683
 06-03-2014, 05:17 AM
User Info
Never tried the Bigelow cream, but I can get Proraso locally... nice stuff, delivers a good shave.

2 5,547
 06-03-2014, 08:55 AM
User Info
You can get the C.O. Bigelow directly from their apothecary website. Makes a great lather; good cushion; travels well; love the smell. Smile

39 3,919
 10-18-2014, 12:19 AM
  • dimitrof
  • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
User Info
Bigelow is great stuff - pretty sure it's repackaged Proraso Green, but couldn't be 100% sure. I would bet they're identical though.

5 57