06-04-2014, 07:14 AM
User Info
A few weeks ago, Larry sent me a sample of Aqua Velva Ice Blue. I tried it and immediately loved the menthol and face feel, though I wasn't to keen on the scent. Later I let me wife smell it, and she actually liked it. So I bought a bottle and have been using it. The scent is growing on me as I've been wearing it almost every day.

I have Captain's Lime (have since added some menthol crystals to it) and Captain's North. I love them both, but they don't have the same wonderful healing of the AV on my face. AV makes any red, irritated spots disappear and my face nice and moisturized all day long.

I feel kind of guilty liking AV so much since it's so cheap at the store. Are there any other AS that have the same face feel as AV? I've been tempted to try Floid's Blue since I read it has a similar, but more refined scent to AV. Does it have a similar feel to AV? It's such a big bottle to buy if it doesn't work out.

Thanks for letting me ramble on....
Brian

21 555
 06-04-2014, 07:40 AM
User Info
Try some Skin Bracer!
It has pretty much the same feel as AV, but with a different, vanilla-ish scent. I much prefer the SB, AV reminds me of my kid's diaper rash cream Tongue

10 2,062
 06-04-2014, 07:49 AM
User Info
I'll send you a sample of floid blue. I have some left from a sample pack I got from Gary

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

1 184
 06-04-2014, 07:49 AM
User Info
Both classics, and two of my favorite ASL, with AV a bit ahead of Floid Vigoroso, in my ranking.

I'd say both are almost compulsory for a traditional wet shaving fan.

Apart from the aroma, which is a pretty subjective matter, I find both to create a very similar effect on then skin. In terms of "kick", perhaps Floid Vigoroso is a bit stronger.

Both leave my skin very soft, a while after the application.

0 124
 06-04-2014, 07:57 AM
User Info
Thanks! I just noticed that Garry's sample shop lists all the Floids AS. I just sent him an email to order a sample of each of them. That way I can try them all.

I really like the Aqua Velva though. It's funny to me, with all the expensive ASL there are, the cheap stuff is my favorite? Confused

21 555
 06-04-2014, 08:13 AM
User Info
Floid Blue is amazing.

3 254
 06-04-2014, 08:30 AM
User Info
I love AV too. Floid black is becoming one of my favorites though

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

1 184