06-05-2014, 03:22 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I purchased two of Rod's newest soap creation and after enjoying a wonderful test lather with it yesterday evening, I had a most delightful shave with it this morning.

Ease of lathering: 9/10--Very easy to lather. Thirsty, but the water/soap ratio is easy to figure out.

Longevity of lather: 9/10--No problem that way either - it's very stable and holds up really well.

General skincare: 10/10--Man, is this stuff cold. The menthol pulverizes your face right away. Soothes well.

Scent: 10/10--The perfect balance of menthol and lemon. Very refreshing and invigorating. I love it.

Price: 9/10--7,00$ is not expensive at all. Rod's very price-wise.

Would I buy again: 10/10--You better believe it!

After a long and difficult effort, Rod who owns the Stirling Soap Company with his wife Mandy came up with a line of super-mentholated soaps which are the COLDEST known to mankind. The original Glacial was tough to lather, but Rod figured out the problem fast. These Glacial soaps need a good deal longer to ferment or "cure" in order to get the optimal lather performance. This Glacial line comes in three wonderful scents - Wintergreen, Spearmint, and now Lemon Chill. This Lemon Chill is an absolute MUST if you're a menthol addict like I am. You'll get rich, slick, stable lather with a freezing effect which blows every other menthol soap or cream out of the water. The scent is awesome and really wakes you up in the morning, and the post-shave feeling is smooth, soothed, well-protected against dryness and irritation as well as a great chilly sensation which lasts for quite awhile. Definitely a soap which I intend to keep in my rotation.

3 2,634
 06-05-2014, 08:15 PM
User Info
Sounds awesome, I have the orange chill which is one of my favourite soaps. I just wish his postal charges to the uk were cheaper!

1 100
 06-07-2014, 04:49 AM
  • Woodeks
  • Space coast, Florida
User Info
I used his orange chill yesterday, and it was fantastic! No hint of menthol, just citrus, which was fantastic!

10 104
 06-08-2014, 07:12 AM
User Info
Nice review Jaydee

I'm a big fan of Rod's soaps. Just got an order in a couple of weeks ago.

The lemon chill sounds great. Out of all the citrus scents my nose seems to like lemon the best.

8 159
 06-11-2014, 05:34 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(06-08-2014, 07:12 AM)ksblazer Wrote: Nice review Jaydee

I'm a big fan of Rod's soaps. Just got an order in a couple of weeks ago.

The lemon chill sounds great. Out of all the citrus scents my nose seems to like lemon the best.

Thanks. The Lemon Chill is without a doubt one of the finest of ALL soaps I ever had the pleasure of using and it's so skin-friendly as well as bone-chillingly cold.

3 2,634