06-05-2014, 07:57 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I have just ordered two tubs, and I am already regretting it. Why would Italianbarber.com change the formula of the new P160 from the original, when it is the latter for which the world has been clamoring?

I predict that the hardcore original P160 users will say the new one is a good product, but...

My SAD is indeed sad.Sad

1 795
 06-05-2014, 08:56 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I don't think you'll have any problems selling it on BST if you truly don't like it. Biggrin

47 1,901
 06-05-2014, 09:41 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
I assume you are talking about the R160.
I sold mine because I found it to have no cushion, which I found representative of every RR product I bought and happily sold (R160, Classic, Mughetto di Bologna, and Inauguration (a private stock run)).
YMMV of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 2,545
 06-05-2014, 11:34 PM
User Info
(06-05-2014, 09:41 PM)Nero Wrote: I assume you are talking about the R160.
I sold mine because I found it to have no cushion, which I found representative of every RR product I bought and happily sold (R160, Classic, Mughetto di Bologna, and Inauguration (a private stock run)).
YMMV of course.

It is actually labeled P160 and is said to be a similar but improved version of the original P160.

6 84
 06-06-2014, 11:38 AM
User Info
(06-05-2014, 07:57 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: I have just ordered two tubs, and I am already regretting it. Why would Italianbarber.com change the formula of the new P160 from the original, when it is the latter for which the world has been clamoring?

I predict that the hardcore original P160 users will say the new one is a good product, but...

My SAD is indeed sad.Sad
I didn't think they had changed it all that much. My understanding is they subbed in a better grade of tallow and used another a gentler chemical for the scent. I hope those "minor" changes won't have to drastic an impact on performance.

(06-05-2014, 09:41 PM)Nero Wrote: I assume you are talking about the R160.
YMMV of course.

I would agree. I have liked nearly every RR product I have tried. They generally have nice scents and are very easy to lather. I do, however, find the lather usually lacks the cushion I'm looking except for Zi Peppino.

0 68
 06-06-2014, 06:58 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
(06-05-2014, 07:57 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: I have just ordered two tubs, and I am already regretting it. Why would Italianbarber.com change the formula of the new P160 from the original, when it is the latter for which the world has been clamoring?

My SAD is indeed sad.Sad

Let's try to be optimistic!!! I completely agree that it is very rare for people to like reforms vs. originals. Or at least the majority of people prefer the original(a mix of psychological and actual results, I'm sure)...but in this case, as long as the changes remain only a different type of fat or tallow used and higher quality oils that aren't different scents, but instead less allergenic chemicals to make those scents...I'm not worried about any big difference. I believe the original soap maker for P160 has produced this remake and hopefully crafted it well enough to satisfy especially those who enjoyed the original version, that which garnered so much acclaim Angel

4 794
 06-07-2014, 04:29 AM
  • Woodeks
  • Space coast, Florida
User Info
I got caught up in the hype and bought some. If it's too much like cella and classic (which sadly I believe is true, but didn't deter me), I'll BST it. Depends on performance.

10 104
 06-07-2014, 04:38 AM
User Info
It's sold out now online. I can't imagine it being bad; it'll probably be just like Cella and that's not a bad thing.

22 653
 06-10-2014, 09:51 AM
  • Niro884
  • Italian Shaving Enthusiast
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
Joe pours his heart and soul into his products and he never disappoints. He sets the bar very high for quality. I think it will be great. The price is excellent as well.

47 470
 06-10-2014, 06:51 PM
User Info
I made an attempt at an explanation in the product description. Unfortunately, my mind can't leave well-enough alone if I think it can be improved.

3 315
 06-10-2014, 07:00 PM
User Info
P.160 is the only product I have ever had a reaction to. If these changes will allow more people to use it and do not affect the performance, then they are certainly fine by me.

52 476