06-06-2014, 12:36 PM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
I just received my King Cobra Classic razor. It arrived in a plain brown 6x4x3 inch shipping box with some packing peanuts, a smaller kraft brown containing the razor wrapped in some white logo marked tissue paper with the blades separate—that's it.

The razor is not large (I thought it would be much larger) and fits nicely in my hand with a great grip. This was a quick photograph with no time to try the razor out, although it will be all that's on my mind until I do. Thanks for looking.

[Image: KingCobra1_zps3dcb56a9.jpg]

12 607
 06-06-2014, 12:39 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
Kinda crazy that the classic came with that super classy box and the king comes this way.

58 1,312
 06-06-2014, 12:43 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Very nice.... Congrats on receiving it Smile!

I suspected it wouldn't arrive in the same gift box as the classic since nowhere in the description did it mention a gift box... Not that it matters. Mine should be in today's mail, so I'm pretty excited for tonight's King Cobra shave coupled with B&M Imperiale Biggrin

34 1,628
 06-06-2014, 03:51 PM
User Info
(06-06-2014, 12:39 PM)Lutebro Wrote: Kinda crazy that the classic came with that super classy box and the king comes this way.

The gift box is a little overrated anyway. When my Classic arrived it looked as if 5 year olds had constructed the box and accidentally got high from the glue gun fumes. It looked pretty bad. I don't care if mine comes wrapped in toilet paper. I just want my King Cobra.

4 23
 06-06-2014, 03:57 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
Haha! Very true. It was just a presentation thing. I know as long as you get the razor you don't care but the enigma that the king cobra is I thought it would come wrapped in golden tinsel Smile truly though it doesn't matter in the slightest.

58 1,312
 06-06-2014, 03:58 PM
User Info
The razor looks beautiful. Enjoy your shaves and let us know.

119 13,019
 06-06-2014, 04:40 PM
User Info
A razor this pricey could be sent to the customer in a nice acrylic display case. After all those GEM Arte Deco cases and the ones Gillette made for years and years were also nice pieces of design and distinction an a certainly not expensive to produce, and as a collection item we all new they have a better resale value if sold with the box were it came with.

The Feather AS-D2 is in the same price range and comes with a very nice box.

1 202
 06-06-2014, 04:50 PM
User Info
They chintzed on the box compared to the Cobra Classic. At the price it should come in something nicer.

15 771
 06-06-2014, 04:53 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought this Smile

58 1,312
 06-06-2014, 05:04 PM
User Info
Congratulations on the razor and I hope you enjoy it.

Personally, I have to agree that I had thought it would have been presented in a nicer box/case.
However, as long as it shaves well is what is the most important part. Smile

82 21,056
 06-06-2014, 05:17 PM
User Info
I didn't order one but I think I'm in the other camp. I love when items come in minimalist packaging. I don't need a fancy gift box or display case. I have owned two Feather All STainless and can't figure out where those fancy boxes disappeared to???

32 344
 06-06-2014, 05:50 PM
User Info
We all have our opinions but perception of value is everything. I for one enjoy pretty packaging.

Congrats on the King Cobra, enjoy!

67 2,170
 06-06-2014, 06:16 PM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
When I ordered early Wednesday morning the only thing that concerned me was the size as I love the Classics length. Ben's shot next to the Vision was quite a sight! Nice to hear it has a great grip and is sized nicely. Very encouraging regardless of packaging.

Max

42 1,041
 06-06-2014, 06:44 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
That is a great looking razor! Thanks for sharing.

8 1,289
 06-06-2014, 11:30 PM
User Info
Personally, I'd expect a bit more presentation for the price, I bet they're even cheaper to produce than the classic and cost more. A nice little package like hart steel produces would be nice. Regardless, I'm happy to hear it's not as big as you assumed it was. Another "must try" to add to the never ending list. Enjoy.

12 848
 06-07-2014, 05:09 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Congrats, so that's what it'll look like Cool

even in the picture the King Cobra looks big!

35 1,329
 06-07-2014, 08:07 AM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
[Image: 46254694-2500-4440-8165-AE883D9E0E1E_zpsgfj1gil8.jpg].

Well, it's big IMO for those who like long handle razors. I find the grip is great dry and not too overdone. Can't tell if I like it over my Cobra Classics but it just arrived. My weekday daily shaver is the Feather AS-D2 and nothing tops the fit and finish on that but this new Cobra should satisfy many.

Max

42 1,041
 06-07-2014, 12:32 PM
User Info
Hey There Max!

Your version of "Newman" must have arrived before mine, but thankfully they both came bearing gifts. I did notice that with "The King" there is ZERO play in the hinge area; with my Cobra Classic there is a slight jiggle when I shake it out, although it is rock solid when I use it shaving.

I will be test driving "The King" tomorrow, hope it works as well as it looks

Cheers,

Tim

(06-07-2014, 08:07 AM)VTMAX Wrote: Well, it's big IMO for those who like long handle razors. I find the grip is great dry and not too overdone. Can't tell if I like it over my Cobra Classics but it just arrived. My weekday daily shaver is the Feather AS-D2 and nothing tops the fit and finish on that but this new Cobra should satisfy many.

Max

8 240
 06-07-2014, 04:27 PM
User Info
Very nice... Some day I'll find a preowned one on eBay.... Some day

5 410
 06-07-2014, 06:38 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Mine arrived yesterday, but due to unforeseen circumstances I was only able to unbox it this afternoon. I can agree with many in regards to the packaging in that I was a little underwhelmed, particularly when paying this much. However, as I mentioned before, the reality for me is whether the box was super fancy or plain just the way it was delivered: Besides that initial "greeting," it's going right in my shaving cabinet among the other shaving product boxes. One more point on that...I seem to recall reading somewhere (not sure if it was a thread or something from CS or just my imagination) that this was a "beta" release of the razor, at least that's the thought that's stuck in my head for some reason. If this is indeed the case, it would make sense that CS may already have in the works the appropriate fancier packaging. Just a thought, I could be wrong Wink

Regarding the razor itself, it certainly has a presence...and its quite different than the Cobra Classic in that regard. Since we're talking fancy razors here, I'll do a fancy car analogy for any car guys out there...if my Cobra Classic is a Ferrari 458, all sporty and totally home on the track yet still remains elegant, than the new King Cobra is the new Ferrari F12 berlinetta...a total GT car versus track car, and the "king" of the lineup, but not as in your face. If James Bond were to use one of the two, it would definitely be the King Cobra Tongue. At least those are my initial impressions. When I saw the photos of the King Cobra, I liked it, but wasn't ultra excited and was more interested in the performance. While I haven't used it yet, I'm definitely liking the looks a whole lot more Smile

34 1,628