06-07-2014, 05:20 PM
User Info
Greetings Shave Nook! As noted in the recently posted King Cobra Classic Preview, TSN’s own Ravi was selected to be a tester of the newly released razor from Classic Shaving. In an unexpected act of generosity – but unsurprising for Ravi - he reached out to me and asked if I would be willing to host a King Cobra Classic tour using his razor. After a bit of back and forth the decision was made to proceed...and so the fun begins! Biggrin

General Requirements for Participation in the King Cobra Classic Tour
Active Shave Nook members in "good standing” are welcome to send me a PM regarding participation in the tour. Ravi and I suggest active and in good standing infers you have been a member of TSN for at least a few months and are an active participant in the community. If you do not qualify today you may become eligible as the tour unfolds, so please feel free to send me a message and you will be considered for a "reserve" list. Due to the issues with shipping items as expensive as the King outside of the United States, the tour will be CONUS only until further notice.

Following are the tour rules I have once again borrowed from our good friend Texbilly. (As Bill's tour was for a Joris I have taken liberties in editing to reference the King.) I hope he will not mind as he did such a great job summarizing them.

------------------------------------

Gents, nothing but a bit of common courtesy here, meant to keep the tour fair, fun and safe. Blush

1. Please limit your time with the gear no more than 7 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. Sure, there will be exceptions and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel), let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. The package will include the King Cobra Classic and a 20-pack of Feather Professional blades. As the blades generally last in excess of 7 shaves members are invited to use one blade during their time with the razor. This will allow for up to 20 members to try the razor – dependent upon how long Ravi wants to be without it – before another set of blades will need to be sent into the wild.

3. The razor will be shipped clean and sterilized. Please do the same before shipping to the next member on the tour. Soapy hot water, Barbicide and Scrubbing Bubbles are good for cleaning. Boiling water baths, bleach, etc. are not. Rolleyes

4. Please carefully wrap and ship the package. The King will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box, which costs about $6. Due to the value of the razor participating members are also being asked to insure the package for $240, which I believe takes the cost of participation up to about $10. Please keep your post office receipt as, in the event something unfortunate happens and Ravi’s razor needs to be replaced, the USPS requires a receipt in order to file a claim.

5. Please post in this thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

6. Please post reviews and impressions, good or bad, to share with your fellow TSN members. It was in this same spirit of sharing that Ravi graciously offered his razor for the community to try.

7. Have fun!

[Image: TkwE2wf.jpg]

[Image: HjIJ7xm.jpg]

[Image: dlgUXF5.jpg]

[Image: 6H7K95y.jpg]

[Image: 35BOcgr.jpg]

60 481
 06-07-2014, 06:46 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I would like to once again thank Classic Shaving for recently allowing me the opportunity to preview the King Cobra.

Michael (poonjaji) has already established a fine precedent in terms of offering the original Cobra Classic tours over the last several years.
His generosity has allowed the introduction of this fine razor to many members' dens.

My intention is to do the same here, with the King Cobra.

I reached out to Michael, and he kindly agreed to offer his skills and experience in terms of coordinating this tour.

Thank you, TSN ... and hail to the King Cobra!

102 18,512
 06-07-2014, 06:54 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Very nice gesture Ravi and thanks Michael for helping out. I'm sure many members will enjoy trying this razor.

175 23,752
 06-07-2014, 07:16 PM
User Info
Please consider me for the list. I'll also use my own Feather Pro blade so if Ravi agrees and there is enough interest (I'm sure there will be) then you can add a spot for #21.

Thanks Ravi, Michael, Classic Shaving, & TSN for this opportunity.

31 8,041
 06-07-2014, 07:22 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Enter me on the list , can't wait to try it.Biggrin

Thanks

15 541
 06-07-2014, 07:25 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Gentlemen, please read this in the general guidelines.

Quote:General Requirements for Participation in the King Cobra Classic Tour
Active Shave Nook members in "good standing” are welcome to send me a PM regarding participation in the tour.

175 23,752
 06-07-2014, 07:36 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(06-07-2014, 07:25 PM)Johnny Wrote: Gentlemen, please read this in the general guidelines.

Quote:General Requirements for Participation in the King Cobra Classic Tour
Active Shave Nook members in "good standing” are welcome to send me a PM regarding participation in the tour.

Yes, those who are interested in participating ... in addition to posting comments on this thread, please be sure to PM Michael.

Thanks.

102 18,512
 06-07-2014, 07:55 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Ahhhhh I see. Thanks for the heads up , Johnny and Ravi. Smile

15 541
 06-08-2014, 07:46 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Wow, we are certainly lucky to have members like Michael and Ravi making such generous contributions to the wet shaving community! This is such a great way to see if the King Cobra works for the individual, as we are all so different.

My hats off to you gentlemen Smile

34 1,628
 06-08-2014, 08:00 AM
User Info
Thank you Michael and Ravi. The tour is a great way to try out an expensive razor. I'm signed up elsewhere so I'll sit this one out.

15 769
 06-08-2014, 08:22 AM
User Info
Tremendous act of generosity Ravi, and thank you to Michael for coordinating this wonderful opportunity for the members Shy

95 2,586
 06-08-2014, 06:34 PM
User Info
Following is the list of members that have expressed interest in participating thus far. I will be coordinating with Ravi, and hopefully we can get the King on the road soon.

King Cobra Classic Tour List
Hanzo
beartrap
SharpSpine
Lutebro
fbones24
grantmm
CJames
Bowhntr
tsimmns
cessnabird
v4257
matloffm
lindyhop66

60 481
 06-08-2014, 06:41 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Excellent.

I will pack up the King Cobra soon ... to prepare it for the first destination on the tour.

102 18,512
 06-10-2014, 07:45 AM
User Info
Well done, Ravi and Michael! Biggrin

82 21,038
 06-10-2014, 08:57 AM
User Info
I would love to try this one as the Classic is my current daily razor thanks to the previous tour.
Thank you both for doing this!

31 1,800
 06-11-2014, 01:09 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Just sent a PM. Can't wait to give this a try and see the differences between it and the Cobra Classic.

15 970
 06-12-2014, 08:12 AM
User Info
Thanks for adding me to the list. I look forward to using the king cobra.

A special thanks to Ravi for sharing his razor with us all, and to Michael for coordinating this pass around.

66 2,152
 06-13-2014, 07:03 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
Thanks for adding me to the list. Biggrin

19 565
 06-14-2014, 09:21 AM
User Info
Hi All,

For those tracking this thread, both Ravi and I have had a busy week. I have been negligent responding to PMs, but please see the tour list posted above if you wrote me and have not received a reply. I believe everyone is now accounted for. We anticipate the King will slither its way onto the trail early next week.

Thanks for your patience!

60 481
 06-14-2014, 09:25 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Woohoo! I'm number 2 Biggrin

88 4,233