11-20-2014, 02:54 PM
User Info
Hiya,

Received the razor/blades and will start to using em tomorrow. I might practice holding it this evening and getting to know how it fits in my hand. Feels promising but a little strange.

Martin

1 79
 11-27-2014, 06:57 AM
User Info
Hiya,

After 4 shaves I have an idea of how this works for me and any future tweaks would be minor.

There was plenty to like with the design if you enjoy injector kinda shaves. Totally different feel than a DE and there's some new technique needed to learn. Not a good one to start with, especially using real sharp blades.

It was a treat for me. Plenty of weight at 107g, so a true pressure free shave is no problem. You can't do that with other injectors, and it's a kick! One important variable to not mess with anymore.

This thing fills up your hand. I am wishing the handle was maybe half an inch shorter and a little thinner diameter. Not a problem using it as is, but it is big. Knurling is bold, with a reassuring coating reminding me of the old Gillette Supers. Very nice.

Quality seemed fine, with everything lining up and moving around as it should. Plating and handle coating looked good. Feels solid.

The shave was interesting in a good way. This very sharp Feather Pro blade, backed by the substantial amount of weight, makes the KC no contest for the whiskers. I have heard this is a little milder than the Original Cobra and I agree, but it's still plenty effective. I do find it a little more forgiving which is fine with me.

Not all that much feedback while whacking the whiskers. Sound is a little muffled like a normal injector and the heavy handle tamps down most of the vibration. I like that part in my DE shaves so this is good in my book.

Balance is very pleasant. The handle helps keep the KC from being too head heavy but still has that slight feel to it which I like in my razors.

There's some paying attention needed and that's for sure. Not much of a buffer from something unpleasant so no wandering off. Makes for a bit slower and more thoughtful shave than I normally prefer on a regular basis. The shave itself was closer than usual, but not hugely so.

So this would be an occasional change of pace razor. Those blades are still just a little too much for me to relax around and I don't need that anyway. Great having this monkey silenced and I appreciate that chance Ravi.....whew.

Oh, to update things I did try a Feather Pro Guard blade in the razor and enjoyed it more than the Pro. Felt more comfortable on my face with more room for error. Heh, still a pretty sharp blade that whacks the hell outta them whiskers and makes using the KC more fun for me.

Martin

1 79
 02-08-2015, 10:52 AM
User Info
Do you think it's a good "everyday" razor ? 
I read on web the KC + Cobra classic are agressive SE. Someone can compare them to a Futur (for example) ? 

2 125
 02-09-2015, 12:15 PM
User Info
When I first gone mine 9 months ago I used it for 45 days straight using only Pro blades,never had a problem.I get 6-8 shaves per blade..........Ernie

20 441
 02-10-2015, 06:27 AM
User Info
Thanks for your reply. More and more interesting, this Cobra Biggrin

2 125
 07-31-2015, 12:51 PM
User Info
(02-08-2015, 10:52 AM)ClarkGable Wrote: Do you think it's a good "everyday" razor ? 
I read on web the KC + Cobra classic are agressive SE. Someone can compare them to a Futur (for example) ? 

I would say that Cobra is as aggressive (close) as R41 2011.
Futur on setting 6 - maybe the same..

Generally, I prefer Futur over Cobra.
Once a had a very bad cut with Cobra and Feather Pro - do not even know how it happened but it was not nice Wink
I stopped using Cobra as being awkward to handle in comparison to others.
I have very dense hair, but Cobra is not an everyday razor for me.

Some people compare Cobra to Mongoose - but it is totally different.
 Mongoose is among the mildest razors I tried.
Cobra is very close - as R41 2011.

Generally Futur (despite its look) is a very nice razor for me and I use it very frequently.

0 77
 07-31-2015, 02:40 PM
User Info
 07-31-2015, 02:43 PM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(07-31-2015, 02:40 PM)hrfdez Wrote: [Image: OCBvn10.jpg]

Dr. Jones, is that you?

2 1,180
 11-03-2015, 05:05 PM
  • nunhgrader
  • Prairie Village, KS USA
User Info
I love Hector's replies!

28 666
 06-08-2016, 03:40 PM
User Info
Hi TSN,

For the last few months I have been enjoying shaving with my OneBlade razor and, as it is sitting unused, I was wondering if there is interest within the community to start up another round of a King Cobra tour.  (Please see this post regarding the original Cobra Classic.)  I know the King Cobras have been difficult to acquire since their original release, but as Classic Shaving has recently posted and sold some of the razors I am hopeful they will be coming back into regular availability.  If there are any of you out there that have interest in trying one of the razors that inspired the Mongoose, ATT SE, the anxiously awaited Asylum Rx or the others that will soon be coming to the market, here is an opportunity to try a King Cobra before you drop the cash.  

Please see the first post in this thread regarding participation requirements, and if you qualify and would like to participate leave a comment in this thread.   If we reach a critical mass I will send her back out on the road.

Thanks for looking!    Smile

61 489
 06-08-2016, 08:04 PM
User Info
(06-08-2016, 03:40 PM)poonjaji Wrote: Hi TSN,

For the last few months I have been enjoying shaving with my OneBlade razor and, as it is sitting unused, I was wondering if there is interest within the community to start up another round of a King Cobra tour.  (Please see this post regarding the original Cobra Classic.)  I know the King Cobras have been difficult to acquire since their original release, but as Classic Shaving has recently posted and sold some of the razors I am hopeful they will be coming back into regular availability.  If there are any of you out there that have interest in trying one of the razors that inspired the Mongoose, ATT SE, the anxiously awaited Asylum Rx or the others that will soon be coming to the market, here is an opportunity to try a King Cobra before you drop the cash.  

Please see the first post in this thread regarding participation requirements, and if you qualify and would like to participate leave a comment in this thread.   If we reach a critical mass I will send her back out on the road.

Thanks for looking!    Smile
Yes, please.  If there is enough interest in either of the Cobras to recommence, then please consider my entreatment.  
I would like to try either one of them, if possible.  I already have blades.  Thank you for your consideration.

R. O. Y.

14 216
 06-08-2016, 09:29 PM
User Info
I think I could be persuaded to give this a try. Thanks!

18 655
 11-11-2016, 01:52 PM
User Info
Tried to delete. No idea how I posted a comment.

61 489