06-10-2014, 06:38 AM
User Info
I have been considering getting an X1 for a while now, having a few simpson collected over the last couple of years (now narrowed down to: CH2, CL1 & 2, P8, X2L & Wee Scot). I previously owned an X3 but sold it due the handle feeling uncomfortable and knot being quite floppy and wrote off the Commodore series really. However the X1 looks to be more ergonomic than the X3 and, with it's shorter loft, I assume will have a stronger backbone.

I was wondering what you guys thought about this little brush and could it be a worthwhile addition to a collection rather than a brush solely for beginners?

0 37
 06-10-2014, 06:52 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I have a Commodore 1. It's a great brush. Softest brush I think I own, of the best badger series anyway. It's quite small and I have biggish hands, but wonderfully ergonomic. It's not what I'd call a scrubby brush, but firm and pretty good with soaps, but I prefer to use it with croaps. I use it for face lathering exclusively, and it's VERY good for this purpose. I use it on those quick-need-for-pampering days Smile It's luxuriant, and feels very luxurious Smile I'd be interested to know what you think if you get one.

Teiste had written a review, I just checked it out. Very accurate description:

http://shavenook.com/thread-simpson-comm...ving-brush

0 1,773
 06-10-2014, 01:50 PM
User Info
Yep, great review. That is what sparked my interest in the first place. His photography and write ups are always awesome.

0 37
 06-10-2014, 01:58 PM
User Info
I highly recommend the X1. It's a bargain in the brush world, especially if you face lather. Mine has softer tips than other similarly sized Simpsons I own.

42 208