06-10-2014, 06:43 AM
User Info
I'v been thinking about the possibility of adding extra menthol to Ice Wyrm. It seems to me that most people expect a peppermint-scented soap to have a definite menthol chill. But that could be a misapprehension on my part.

So, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes and answer this survey question at SurveyMonkey for me. It doesn't matter if you've used Ice Wyrm or not - I'm interested in opinions about peppermint soaps and menthol.

10 1,858
 06-10-2014, 12:32 PM
User Info
I got my puck of Ice Wyrm last week but haven't used it yet, so I'll hold off on actually taking the poll until I use it.

However I want to say that the reason I bought the soap was that it was lightly cooling. I'm not into the whole frozen face thing, but for those who are there are now a number of highly-mentholated options now available. I love the smell of this soap, but I'd like to enjoy it without making my eyes water. So my opinion is to keep it the same, it's good to have options on all ends of the cooling spectrum.

YMMV of course Wink

10 2,062
 06-10-2014, 01:19 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
I took the vote too to keep it the way it is. I don't like the bone chilling freeze either and really prefer the nice cooling of peppermint. I say keep it the way it is and make a different one for the freezebrains! You could call it Ice not-Wyrm.

58 1,312
 06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
User Info
The name does imply a bit more of a cooling sensation, but I prefer the light chill. I've gravitated away from the super mentholated soaps anyway as I get my face freeze when I want it from my post shave products.

31 8,058
 06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
User Info
So far, the vote is quite close among people that have used it.

The people that *haven't* used it (possibly because it doesn't have extra menthol Wink ) are more clearly in the "yes" camp.

(06-10-2014, 01:19 PM)Lutebro Wrote: I say keep it the way it is and make a different one for the freezebrains! You could call it Ice not-Wyrm.

This is definitely one of the paths I might take. Maybe "Arctic Wyrm" for the face freezer, if I stuck with the same scent.

It's still the first day, though. It's been interesting to watch the answers come it. Thanks to everyone who's participated!

10 1,858