06-10-2014, 08:50 AM
User Info
Hi everyone -

Just clearing out a number of items that have been unused in a while. These prices include shipping within the US via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking. If you are international, PM me and we can work out the shipping (I usually go at least half-way and probably will include shipping costs if reasonable; this will probably preclude the First Snow if I have to airmail it).

SOAPS

(1) Barrister & Mann Tre Citta First Snow. Comes in a mason jar and weighs 7.8 ounces. As the recent fougere release reminds everyone, Will's Tre Citta (i.e. his vegetable-based formula) soap is incredible and this particular version is no longer made. It really lives up to its moniker, as the fir oil and a hint of menthol create a nice wintry scene. Since summer is around the corner with its attendant high temperatures, maybe you want to be reminded of times when its cool and peaceful! I bought this new and used it only twice. It cost me $28 new ($20 plus $8 in shipping and taxes), and with the high shipping costs, I figured that $20 would be appropriate. SOLD! Thanks schickter and TSN!

(2) Tabula Rasa Olibanum shaving soap. 90g (approx. 3.1 ounces). Only used twice. Olibanum is another word for frankincense, which is an aromatic resin and is a "balsamic-spicy, slightly lemon, fragrance of incense, with a conifer-like undertone" (per Wikipedia). However, TR's great soap base has a creamy scent to it, so its a great combination, kind of like eating vanilla ice cream in a church! Anyway, these are only sold either through Lees Razors or 1001seife and currently costs $31.50 new. Its only been used three times. Considering it will probably have to go in a larger shipping box, $25 shipped seems reasonable. SOLD! Thanks v4257 and TSN!

RAZORS

(3) Muehle Purist Double-Edge razor with wood handle (closed comb). Quite honestly, I had to look up information on this razor in anticipation of selling it as I received this in a trade and did not know much about it when I received it. Muehle's closed comb razors are nice mild razors and have a great reputation for their quality. I do have to note that there is a slight discoloration on the baseplate near one of the "O"s but it is only cosmetic. Since I knew nothing about it, I believe that it is a "plain tree wood" handle and is the Purist model. I have never shaved with it. These appear to retail new for $88 but it does not appear to be in production anymore, or at least Muehle's site does not have it listed and I was only able to find one vendor who carries it currently. Because of my uncertainly, I am willing to drop the price accordingly. How about $50 shipped? SOLD! Thanks ElliotR and TSN!

(4) Merkur #45 razor in bakelite (closed comb). A great lightweight razor, its good for traveling or for every day quite honestly. I would say that its a moderately aggressive razor, considering Merkur's reputation. I also received this in the same trade as discussed above, but I used this one and really liked it. Note that in the left photo there appear to be white marks on the head, but those were from a cleaning cloth and are not any blemishes or gouges or anything. These retail new for $35, so I was thinking $25 shipped. SOLD! Thanks TSN!

BRUSHES

(5) Muehle Silvertip brush in ebony resin handle. 19mm loft/49mm height. Muehle's brushes are like their razors; flawless and classically beautiful. This is a nicely dense brush and perfect for face-lathering from a puck or jar. I received this in a trade and I've never used it so its in great condition. These retail new for $80 so I am looking for $65 shipped.

(6) Vulfix 660S Super brush with faux ivory resin handle. It is listed at 22mm loft/52mm height, but my crude measurements comes out more like 22mm loft/50mm height. Vulfix's big drawback is that their floppiness; this dooms larger brushes, but since this is a nice compact knot, the "floppiness" works to its advantage. I've actually never used this but I could imagine it being great at bowl-lathering or face-lathering creams, either from a tub or a tube. These retail new for $42, so I was thinking $30 would be a fair price. SOLD! Thanks TSN!

(7) Semogue 1438 banded boar brush and Omega 10049 boar brush. Semogue has a 22mm loft/50mm height and the mighty Omega has a 25mm loft/65mm height. These are great, cheap boar brushes that have been broken in. Since they are so cheap, I am selling them together. The 1438 should be on everyone's "use" list as a perfect face-lathering boar brush and the 10049 (i.e. the "Pro 49") is a legend. Big and boisterous, it produces copious lather and despite its dimensions is not unwieldy. Note: the knots are not crooked; these were stored in a box and accidentally have been lying on their side. The Semogue retails for $17 new and the Omega for $9. Therefore I think a good price would be $20. SOLD! Thanks mcgils and TSN!

As always, feel free to comment about my prices and my descriptions in this thread. If you have any other comments or questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 06-11-2014, 01:07 AM
User Info
(06-10-2014, 08:50 AM)jpakstis Wrote: Hi everyone -

Just clearing out a number of items that have been unused in a while. These prices include shipping within the US via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking. If you are international, PM me and we can work out the shipping (I usually go at least half-way and probably will include shipping costs if reasonable; this will probably preclude the First Snow if I have to airmail it).

SOAPS

(1) Barrister & Mann Tre Citta First Snow. Comes in a mason jar and weighs 7.8 ounces. As the recent fougere release reminds everyone, Will's Tre Citta (i.e. his vegetable-based formula) soap is incredible and this particular version is no longer made. It really lives up to its moniker, as the fir oil and a hint of menthol create a nice wintry scene. Since summer is around the corner with its attendant high temperatures, maybe you want to be reminded of times when its cool and peaceful! I bought this new and used it only twice. It cost me $28 new ($20 plus $8 in shipping and taxes), and with the high shipping costs, I figured that $20 would be appropriate. SOLD! Thanks schickter and TSN!

(2) Tabula Rasa Olibanum shaving soap. 90g (approx. 3.1 ounces). Only used twice. Olibanum is another word for frankincense, which is an aromatic resin and is a "balsamic-spicy, slightly lemon, fragrance of incense, with a conifer-like undertone" (per Wikipedia). However, TR's great soap base has a creamy scent to it, so its a great combination, kind of like eating vanilla ice cream in a church! Anyway, these are only sold either through Lees Razors or 1001seife and currently costs $31.50 new. Its only been used three times. Considering it will probably have to go in a larger shipping box, $25 shipped seems reasonable.

RAZORS

(3) Muehle Purist Double-Edge razor with wood handle (closed comb). Quite honestly, I had to look up information on this razor in anticipation of selling it as I received this in a trade and did not know much about it when I received it. Muehle's closed comb razors are nice mild razors and have a great reputation for their quality. I do have to note that there is a slight discoloration on the baseplate near one of the "O"s but it is only cosmetic. Since I knew nothing about it, I believe that it is a "plain tree wood" handle and is the Purist model. I have never shaved with it. These appear to retail new for $88 but it does not appear to be in production anymore, or at least Muehle's site does not have it listed and I was only able to find one vendor who carries it currently. Because of my uncertainly, I am willing to drop the price accordingly. How about $50 shipped?

(4) Merkur #45 razor in bakelite (closed comb). A great lightweight razor, its good for traveling or for every day quite honestly. I would say that its a moderately aggressive razor, considering Merkur's reputation. I also received this in the same trade as discussed above, but I used this one and really liked it. Note that in the left photo there appear to be white marks on the head, but those were from a cleaning cloth and are not any blemishes or gouges or anything. These retail new for $35, so I was thinking $25 shipped.

BRUSHES

(5) Muehle Silvertip brush in ebony resin handle. 19mm loft/49mm height. Muehle's brushes are like their razors; flawless and classically beautiful. This is a nicely dense brush and perfect for face-lathering from a puck or jar. I received this in a trade and I've never used it so its in great condition. These retail new for $80 so I am looking for $65 shipped.

(6) Vulfix 660S Super brush with faux ivory resin handle. It is listed at 22mm loft/52mm height, but my crude measurements comes out more like 22mm loft/50mm height. Vulfix's big drawback is that their floppiness; this dooms larger brushes, but since this is a nice compact knot, the "floppiness" works to its advantage. I've actually never used this but I could imagine it being great at bowl-lathering or face-lathering creams, either from a tub or a tube. These retail new for $42, so I was thinking $30 would be a fair price.

(7) Semogue 1438 banded boar brush and Omega 10049 boar brush. Semogue has a 22mm loft/50mm height and the mighty Omega has a 25mm loft/65mm height. These are great, cheap boar brushes that have been broken in. Since they are so cheap, I am selling them together. The 1438 should be on everyone's "use" list as a perfect face-lathering boar brush and the 10049 (i.e. the "Pro 49") is a legend. Big and boisterous, it produces copious lather and despite its dimensions is not unwieldy. Note: the knots are not crooked; these were stored in a box and accidentally have been lying on their side. The Semogue retails for $17 new and the Omega for $9. Therefore I think a good price would be $20.

As always, feel free to comment about my prices and my descriptions in this thread. If you have any other comments or questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

Damn.. Missed the B&M...

13 1,313
 06-20-2014, 08:05 AM
User Info
The Muhle brush is withdrawn. Thanks everyone for looking and moderators, please archive. Thanks!

84 1,505