06-10-2014, 09:24 AM
User Info
I saw an infomercial today for this DE razor, which comes with 12 blades (24, actually -- they throw in a bonus pack) plus case for $19.99.

Has anyone tried it? What's the feeling -- you get what you pay for or potentially good value?

The website is onerazor.com.

8 948
 06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
User Info
It's a Weishi. Stirling Soap was selling them under yet a another name as a travel razor at one time for $3.oo. They have sence sold out. It's actually a descent and mild razor to shave with. As for the quality it's just so so. It won't last long enough to become an heirloom. It is IMHO that $20.00 is over priced.

[Image: 2dfRel2.jpg]
Weishi and One Touch comparison

6 589
 06-10-2014, 04:20 PM
User Info
So lemme get this straight. It's a Chinese copy of a Japanese copy of a Gillette?

1 66
 06-10-2014, 05:32 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
The Weishi is a Chinese copy of a Gillette Super Speed. The MicroTouch appears to be a rebranded Weishi.

There is no Japanese razor in the mix.

- Murray

4 1,150
 06-10-2014, 05:50 PM
User Info
i have this razor under wieshi brand name. it's a super mild razor. i use it for buffing in the 3rd pass sometimes. considering it's built quality, $20 is quite high price. you can buy the identical weishi for $8 on amazon.

1 495
 06-10-2014, 09:58 PM
User Info
Pawn Stars pushes that razor in a commercial.

69 2,194
 06-11-2014, 01:03 AM
User Info
You could find a much better razor for $20.00.

6 84
 06-11-2014, 06:02 AM
User Info
(06-10-2014, 09:58 PM)cessnabird Wrote: Pawn Stars pushes that razor in a commercial.

Haha Yep. I have friends and family members always bring it up to me. Like hey I know you use these kind of razors now you can get something endorsed by a famous person.

4 309
 06-11-2014, 03:43 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
(06-11-2014, 06:02 AM)hudson Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 09:58 PM)cessnabird Wrote: Pawn Stars pushes that razor in a commercial.

Haha Yep. I have friends and family members always bring it up to me. Like hey I know you use these kind of razors now you can get something endorsed by a famous person.

You could tell them that your endorsement of a DE razor is worth considerably more than Rick Harrison's! Cool

- Murray

4 1,150
 06-16-2014, 03:16 PM
User Info
My friend has one and loves it. I'm thinking about giving him a gillette to try.

Sent from my iPhone

2 55
 06-16-2014, 06:31 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
i own this razor. I also own a Gillette. It is definitely not the quality of the Gillette, but it is a decent razor. I paid the $20 for it at Wallyworld. Compared to the Gillette the metal is thinner, but not tin can thin. And in all of the threads I have read, most of the TTOs, even from manufacturers who want substantially more, don't come up to the quality of the Gillettes. So I wonder how much difference there is between this razor and those by Razorock, Cadet, Parker, etc? I would be willing to bet it's not a whole lot, but I could be wrong, as I've never used any of those.
The biggest misgiving I have about the razor is, what are the internal moving parts that make up the mechanism inside the handle made of? If they are made of zamak or some other pot metal which needs a decent plating to stave off corrosion, which is likely, I think it's also likely that this is where the build quality is skimped on. But I don't know what those other razors use for this mechanism, either. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
As to this razor being, as I have read elsewhere, "so mild as to be practically unusable", I did not find it to be so. I found that it required a slightly steeper angle to cut properly, but once I found that, it was a bit more aggressive than the '68 Lady Gillette I own, and so probably around Super Speed territory,give or take. The blade centers properly when loaded, with no fuss or fidgeting.
The razor has decent weight, for me it gives a good shave in three passes, just like everything else I use, and I don't feel like I got ripped off for the price I paid. I would not hesitate to recommend it to new wetshavers.
That said, if it is a rebranded Weishi, as everyone seems to think, I think it would be an even better deal at the Weishi's price point.

2 1,694
 06-17-2014, 11:01 AM
User Info
Maggard offers decent razors at a reasonable price. Fairly mild head similar to EJ DE89.

1 66