06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
User Info
Has anyone gotten the new(ish?) Thermopop from Thermoworks? If so, can you share your thoughts on it? I lust after a Thermapen, but unless a bunch of my recently posted items on the BST sell, its a lot of money for a thermometer. The Thermopop is about 1/4 of the price ($24 vs. $96) and its the same company. The major difference seems to be a 5-6 second reading time vs. a 2-3 second reading time, so are 3-4 seconds worth $72?

84 1,505
 06-20-2014, 04:47 AM
User Info
To follow this up, after selling off a few of my shaving items, I bought the Thermapen. Holy moly! Its expensive as all get out, but it takes barely any time to register the temperature. They say it takes 2-3 seconds, but pretty much as soon as you turn it on (by flipping out the probe), its registering the temp. Heh, I was walking around, "testing" the air temp with it. The other great thing is that it keeps updating continuously (i.e. "real time") so you don't need to keep hitting a button to update or anything.

I highly, highly recommend it!

84 1,505
 06-20-2014, 06:56 AM
User Info
That's good to know. Thanks!

I have another brand that I paid somewhere near $40 for it many years ago. It takes 5-6 sec's to register. I don't find it terrible, but it never hurts to have a spare. Eventually my present thermometer will poop itself. Heck, I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

32 6,459