06-11-2014, 01:13 PM
User Info
I received my Mike's Natural Soap order today. I already have his Hungarian Lavender and with that order a while back, he sent me a sample of the Rosemary and Peppermint.

Of course I fell in love with that scent and had to order a puck. Along with that, I picked up a puck of Barber Shop blindly, not really knowing what it was going to smell like. OMG, I LOVE IT! It smells just like a barber shop when I was a little kid! I'm going to love shaving with this one.

I've read all over the web about people being happy with Mike's Barber Shop and now I know why. It's just one of those scents that take you back to being a little kid. It's very nice!

[Image: iid9q.jpg]

21 555
 06-11-2014, 02:09 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I've had Mike's Barbershop, Hungarian Lavender and Coconut. The Barbershop is my favorite followed by the Lavender. Once I use up the Barbershop I'm going to try the Vetiver.

149 2,823
 06-11-2014, 02:41 PM
User Info
Congratulations and enjoy the great soap!

83 21,115
 06-11-2014, 05:39 PM
User Info
Mike's Barbershop is really a terrific scent. I particularly like it in the winter, along with Hungarian Lavender not only for it great performance, but also for it's moisturizing qualities.

3 460
 06-11-2014, 05:52 PM
User Info
enjoy your shaves with them !

1 495
 06-11-2014, 09:23 PM
User Info
Lemongrass/Eucalyptus is a stellar summer scent

3 254
 06-11-2014, 11:23 PM
User Info
If you enjoy bay rum, Mike's is one of the best.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

0 84
 06-11-2014, 11:27 PM
User Info
I made an order a few weeks back and liked the coconut sample so much I made another order which came two days ago. Now I've got a few of them. Barber Shop is amazing and one of my fave scents but it doesn't seem as strong as all the others I have from him. Coconut smells amazing. I've also been using the shampoo bar for a couple weeks now.

12 848
 06-12-2014, 02:31 AM
User Info
I just recently finished a puck of Mike's Orange Black Pepper and Cedarwood from start to finish - another fantastic scent.

Mike's is so good that I couldn't help but feel left down by AOS Tallow (a soap with an impeccable reputation).

Anyways, I have a puck of Mike's Bay Rum and it's amazing - very manly - heavy on the clove. It's the bee's knees. You really can't go wrong with any of his soaps. Coconut smelled really good from what I remember of the samples.

12 715
 06-12-2014, 01:44 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
(06-12-2014, 02:31 AM)bmilcs Wrote: Mike's is so good that I couldn't help but feel left down by AOS Tallow (a soap with an impeccable reputation).

Think you better give that AoS tallow a few more tries. Just my opinion.
I've own and use about 15 vintage soaps (all of which I find better than any current veggie formulations), and the performance of the AoS tallow is better than every one of them, IMO.
Haven't seen anyone compare Mike's to Yardley yet :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62 3,012
 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM
User Info
(06-12-2014, 01:44 PM)Nero Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 02:31 AM)bmilcs Wrote: Mike's is so good that I couldn't help but feel left down by AOS Tallow (a soap with an impeccable reputation).

Think you better give that AoS tallow a few more tries. Just my opinion.
I've own and use about 15 vintage soaps (all of which I find better than any current veggie formulations), and the performance of the AoS tallow is better than every one of them, IMO.
Haven't seen anyone compare Mike's to Yardley yet :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does finishing a puck of AoS from start to finish count? Lasted me exactly one month. I definitely preferred Mikes.

12 715
 06-12-2014, 06:04 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Enjoy!

3 2,638
 06-12-2014, 08:29 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
That's a world record, congrats.
If you go by $/shave mikes wins for sure. Performance/shave AoS wins, IMO.

62 3,012
 06-13-2014, 12:08 AM
User Info
(06-12-2014, 02:31 AM)bmilcs Wrote: I just recently finished a puck of Mike's Orange Black Pepper and Cedarwood from start to finish - another fantastic scent.

Mike's is so good that I couldn't help but feel left down by AOS Tallow (a soap with an impeccable reputation).

Anyways, I have a puck of Mike's Bay Rum and it's amazing - very manly - heavy on the clove. It's the bee's knees. You really can't go wrong with any of his soaps. Coconut smelled really good from what I remember of the samples.

Finally over the past two days I've got Mikes lathering figured out. I usually shake out enough water in my brush so that a soap doesn't go all bubbly when loading, but with Mikes it seems to like to start out more wet and then instantly explodes to almost usable lather within just seconds of loading - which then gets even thicker/slicker after face lathering and adding a touch more water. It's even more of a thirsty soap than I thought. It's one of my top 2 or 3 now for sure, I'm going to have to try all the scents at some point, now...

12 848
 06-13-2014, 03:12 AM
User Info
(06-12-2014, 08:29 PM)Nero Wrote: That's a world record, congrats.
If you go by $/shave mikes wins for sure. Performance/shave AoS wins, IMO.

I shave my head and face so soap goes fast. Performance wise, I preferred Mike's especially for head shaves. I wasn't crazy about Mike's until I started using it daily - now, I can't get enough! Not looking to get into a debate here as it's a matter of opinion and personal preference.

Anyways, it's refreshing to hear about Mike's soaps again; they certainly deserve the attention. Biggrin

(06-13-2014, 12:08 AM)ShaneN. Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 02:31 AM)bmilcs Wrote: I just recently finished a puck of Mike's Orange Black Pepper and Cedarwood from start to finish - another fantastic scent.

Finally over the past two days I've got Mikes lathering figured out. I usually shake out enough water in my brush so that a soap doesn't go all bubbly when loading, but with Mikes it seems to like to start out more wet and then instantly explodes to almost usable lather within just seconds of loading - which then gets even thicker/slicker after face lathering and adding a touch more water. It's even more of a thirsty soap than I thought. It's one of my top 2 or 3 now for sure, I'm going to have to try all the scents at some point, now...

Absolutely. I used a very wet brush when using Mike's, which isn't my usual forte. Mike's is especially thirsty. All this talk makes me want to use up my Bay Rum. Smile

12 715
 06-13-2014, 03:18 AM
User Info
I've got Barber Shop laid out for the morning Wink

12 848
 06-13-2014, 11:33 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
(06-13-2014, 03:12 AM)bmilcs Wrote: I shave my head and face so soap goes fast. Performance wise, I preferred Mike's especially for head shaves. I wasn't crazy about Mike's until I started using it daily - now, I can't get enough! Not looking to get into a debate here as it's a matter of opinion and personal preference.

Anyways, it's refreshing to hear about Mike's soaps again; they certainly deserve the attention. Biggrin

Haha, fair enough! Biggrin

62 3,012
 06-14-2014, 09:52 AM
  • ThreeBs
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
User Info
Pine and Cedarwood is crazy good too. There's nothing quite like it. It's one of my top scents. Unfortunetaly, it's hard for me to get a consistent lather out of it. Maybe because of my city hard water? Has anyone else experience something similar ?

25 147
 06-15-2014, 04:20 AM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
Cool! I have the Lime and like it a lot.

0 1,137
 06-15-2014, 09:40 AM
User Info
(06-15-2014, 04:20 AM)Elendil Wrote: Cool! I have the Lime and like it a lot.

Me too.
Also Hungarian Lavender and Orange Black Pepper.

IPhone 5S using Tapatalk

13 1,313