06-11-2014, 05:45 PM
User Info
I have been very fortunate over the years ordering my shave supplies online from the many fine vendors that serve us. Recently I ordered a large amount of Poly-Silver Super Iridium blades from Shaving.ie. Chris immediately let me know that my parcel had shipped and provided a link to the USPS tracking page. Knowing Shaving.ie's excellent reputation in the shaving community, I started to visit the tracking site every few days to see when the parcel entered the US postal system.

Well after two-weeks, I emailed shave.ie letting them know that I hadn't received the parcel. He replied within the hour and suspected that the parcel might be held up in customs or simply bottlenecked. Three weeks later, I received a letter from the USPS, stating that they had received an inquiry from the Irish Postal officials and asking if I had received the package. I faxed (yes, welcome to the 1980's) the reply back to USPS and emailed Chris letting him know about the US inquiry.

The next morning I awoke to find an email from Chris that he had refunded my paypal account in full and an email from him apologizing for my inconvenience. Fast forward another two weeks, and I come home one Saturday afternoon to discover a package, crushed at one end held together with lots of transparent plastic packing tape on my doorstep. The interior of the package was very damp, in fact the top interior was still wet, as was the packing slip. Yet, the cards of blades were heavily wrapped in bubble wrap and appeared to be in good shape. I carefully double checked the razor boxes and cards, opening several of them to inspect the wrapped blades and found them to be undamaged.

I emailed Chris to let him know and ask him to send me a new invoice as he had done everything right. He insisted on invoicing me at a much reduced rate for my trouble. So if I had some frustration with the postal service (Irish, US - I don't know which), I also experienced a merchant who on his own assumed responsibility for the whole problem.

Doesn't get any better than that!

3 459
 06-11-2014, 06:08 PM
User Info
yes Robert ! customer service is the backbone of a business. good to know that you got your package finally.

1 495
 06-11-2014, 06:18 PM
User Info
Always great to hear such stories with wonderful customer service! Smile

82 21,056
 06-11-2014, 07:12 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
And he's grateful to have customers like you, who reported that the package finally arrived and wanted to pay for the blades.

38 5,034
 06-11-2014, 10:07 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
In the long run he benefits from his actions. If customer service is great people tell each other and that attracts more customers. If you let your customers hanging in the wind like some do it can hurt your business as word also spread, even faster.

28 1,433
 06-11-2014, 10:34 PM
User Info
That's nice to hear. I also had a great experience with shaving.ie.

6 84
 06-12-2014, 01:57 AM
User Info
Chris is a pleasure to deal with. I consider him to be one of the best European suppliers of shaving paraphernalia. Smile

2 5,545
 06-12-2014, 07:54 AM
User Info
I agree. A great vendor in my dealings with him.

7 1,182
 06-13-2014, 02:07 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
It's always great to hear about service like this, as well as your honest response, Robert. Thumbsup

2 11,211
 06-13-2014, 03:02 PM
User Info
I've dealt with Chris and his shop a dozen times and always receive very nice and fast shipping to Denmark and everything is always in perfect order Smile

24 5,849