06-12-2014, 08:22 AM
User Info
Thought I'd share my experiences regarding razors.

At the moment I own the following:

ATT with M1, M2 (on the way), R1 and H1. I'd like to complete the set but the ATT is my go to razor. After shaving with the R1 plate I decided that my Weber PH was duplicative so it was sold.

I also have a Joris which I rarely use but it's great to look at and was a gift from my wife so I won't be getting rid of it; a RR SLAB which is a great razor that I use when in a hurry and a Muhle R89...for when I'm really in a hurry. I'll also travel with the Muhle and SLAB.

I've tried a number of other razors including the Merkur 37c, Merkur 34c, iKon slant and others. Other then the slants the ATT covers everything else I've tried. I also rarely used the slants...

I'm curious to try the RR Stealth Slant when it comes out but my curiosity is mitigated by the fact that the ATT set really provides me with all I need in a razor.

So, for me, The ATT is a RAD destroyer...I can now spend more time and $ getting new soaps and aftershaves!

33 548
 06-12-2014, 08:41 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Good choice, I am very impressed with both my M1 and R2 ATT razors. Both gave me excellent shaves without irritation and caused me to sell my Ikon Deluxe and are pushing the Feather ASD2 out the door. I do think I will keep my Weber, however, as I find it too makes for an excellent shaving experience. How spoiled are we to have so many great razors available compared to just a few years ago?

139 2,677
 06-12-2014, 08:44 AM
User Info
Congratulations of finding that one razor which ends your RAD. I've also reached that stage, but for me it's the Weber PH with the bulldog handle. It's now the only DE I own.

48 5,715
 06-12-2014, 09:16 AM
User Info
Yes my ATT R2 is my new razor of choice as well. Very close to being a RAD-destroyer, but I still plan on getting the RR Stealth Slant when it's available. But that's all, I swear Wink

10 2,062
 06-12-2014, 09:41 AM
  • glaze3
  • Las Vegas
User Info
I haven't used anything but my ATT R2 for 3 weeks now. I think i'll give the H2 a go next week, but it will be hard to beat the comfort of the R2.

0 27
 06-12-2014, 09:52 AM
User Info
(06-12-2014, 08:44 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Congratulations of finding that one razor which ends your RAD. I've also reached that stage, but for me it's the Weber PH with the bulldog handle. It's now the only DE I own.

Ahhh, that elusive ONE razor. I keep the De89 (my first razor) as a travel razor but the R1 is the one that does it for me. No need to lust after any thing else.

6 358
 06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
User Info
I switch back and forth between my R2 and H2. I'm keeping my Weber for Travel, but probably selling my others. The R2 is comfortable and efficient, just perfect for me.

1 108
 06-12-2014, 01:04 PM
User Info
Congrats on finding your dream razor Dave! I'm also thinking of thinning out my collection, love the feel of my ATT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 194
 06-12-2014, 02:02 PM
User Info
I am thinking of trying the colossus m1.

0 70
 06-13-2014, 06:11 AM
User Info
(06-12-2014, 08:41 AM)blzrfn Wrote: Good choice, I am very impressed with both my M1 and R2 ATT razors. Both gave me excellent shaves without irritation and caused me to sell my Ikon Deluxe and are pushing the Feather ASD2 out the door. I do think I will keep my Weber, however, as I find it too makes for an excellent shaving experience. How spoiled are we to have so many great razors available compared to just a few years ago?

Agreed that there seem to be a number of great options so that each of us can, theoretically find the perfect razor.

(06-12-2014, 08:44 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Congratulations of finding that one razor which ends your RAD. I've also reached that stage, but for me it's the Weber PH with the bulldog handle. It's now the only DE I own.

Congrats! I almost went that way but like a bit of variety which I can have with the ATT.

(06-12-2014, 09:16 AM)taborcarn Wrote: Yes my ATT R2 is my new razor of choice as well. Very close to being a RAD-destroyer, but I still plan on getting the RR Stealth Slant when it's available. But that's all, I swear Wink

LOL. I hear you! I'm curious to hear more opinions on the RR so that I don't go in blind. Of course if some other over hyped razor comes out...who knowsBiggrin

Ahhh, that elusive ONE razor. I keep the De89 (my first razor) as a travel razor but the R1 is the one that does it for me. No need to lust after any thing else.
[/quote]

We're in the same boat, but I can't do without two backup/travel razors - the Muhle R89 and RR SLAB.

(06-12-2014, 01:04 PM)davidsilva Wrote: Congrats on finding your dream razor Dave! I'm also thinking of thinning out my collection, love the feel of my ATT...

If you do sell other razors you can always buy more soaps or fragrances....I know someone looking to sell someBlush

33 548
 06-13-2014, 09:01 AM
User Info
I've also decided to return the M2 for an R2 because it seems as though I don't like mild open comb razors.

33 548
 06-13-2014, 04:08 PM
User Info
Dave
I bought a bakelite slant that looks similar to the RR Slant. Yes, it is mild and forgiving, at first it felt like it wouldn't yield a BBS. However 3 pass BBS was easy, didn't last quite as long as an ATT R2 shave, but plenty long enough ( 5 o'clock shadow at 12 hrs compared to 6 hrs longer with the ATT ). I am using it as my travel razor. Hope that gives you an idea if it will work for you.

The R2 is the real deal... I think you will like it!

Thanks for the reminder, I will need to contact that person for some AS purchases soon Biggrin

18 194
 06-15-2014, 03:07 PM
User Info
Dave
I'm on a trip and took the bakelite "IB" slant as the travel razor. Loaded with a Gillette Silver Blue I am getting 2 pass BBS shaves. No fancy prep; just face wash followed with face lathering Arko. If you are into experimentation as I believe you are, it's worth a try!

18 194
 06-15-2014, 03:28 PM
User Info
(06-15-2014, 03:07 PM)davidsilva Wrote: Dave
I'm on a trip and took the bakelite "IB" slant as the travel razor. Loaded with a Gillette Silver Blue I am getting 2 pass BBS shaves. No fancy prep; just face wash followed with face lathering Arko. If you are into experimentation as I believe you are, it's worth a try!

I may want to try it at some point when I replenish my Paypal balance. The RR Slant is so hyped at the moment I doubt I'll get my order in prior to them selling out...but who knows.

EDIT: I've also completed the set. I sent the M2 back to ATT as I wanted to exchange it for an R2 and today I swapped for the H2.

Thus I'll have all of the closed combs along with the R2 and H2.

33 548
 06-15-2014, 09:22 PM
User Info
Have you ever tried a Tradere ? If you did, then how does it compare with your ATT ?

0 45
 06-15-2014, 09:48 PM
User Info
(06-15-2014, 09:22 PM)numerouno Wrote: Have you ever tried a Tradere ? If you did, then how does it compare with your ATT ?

I've never tried a Tradere and I don't think I ever will. Honestly, I've never really fallen victim to RAD and the ATT set includes such a variety of baseplates that I don't see the need to try other high end razors...other than the RR Slant which I may try one of these days.

33 548
 06-16-2014, 03:41 AM
User Info
Glad to hear you like the ATT stainless razors. They are top quality and made in the USA.

119 13,014