06-14-2014, 03:18 AM
  • Karlo
  • Manila, PHL
User Info
I've used GSB for about seven months or so. I like the blade but in medium aggressive razors, it can give me problems, usually causing mild irritation on my cheeks. Everywhere else, including my neck, is fine. In something like an 89 or Parker 24, no problems at all.

I know YMMV, but for those who use both PSI and GSB, do you find Pol Silver to be a little less sharp and a little smoother? Would Perma Sharp be significantly smoother and less sharp than GSB? I'm hoping to find a blade that's smoother and sharper than Astra SP but won't irritate my cheeks when I use a razor like the Weber PH.

Given where I live and shipping costs from the US, I don't order samplers. (Crazy I know but so far, I haven't had the worst luck.) The only samples I get are from friends in my area, but no one uses PSI or Perma Sharp yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 286
 06-14-2014, 04:30 AM
User Info
I find GSB and Polsilvers to be identical. They are my top two blades. I've never tried Permas.

9 197
 06-14-2014, 04:33 AM
User Info
I think they are about the same. In my opinion you should try the personna medical prep. They are sharp but very smooth.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

0 163
 06-14-2014, 05:07 AM
User Info
I use Silver Blues and love them. However, my top blade is the Kai's, which I find to be as smooth as the GSBs, but much sharper. i.e. essentially no irritation with the Kai's for me, especially in more aggressive razors.

53 1,200
 06-14-2014, 03:32 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
I'm overwhelmed with acronyms, so I haven't figured out what GSBs are. I have used the original Super Iridiums and I use Perma-Sharps. The Perma-Sharps are my favorite Procter & Gamble/St Petersburg blades. I find them very sharp and smooth.

- Murray

4 1,150
 06-14-2014, 03:40 PM
  • sm304
  • Carnoustie, UK.
User Info
(06-14-2014, 03:32 PM)CMur12 Wrote: I'm overwhelmed with acronyms, so I haven't figured out what GSBs are. I have used the original Super Iridiums and I use Perma-Sharps. The Perma-Sharps are my favorite Procter & Gamble/St Petersburg blades. I find them very sharp and smooth.

- Murray

GSB = Gillette Silver Blue.

My favourite blade that is easily available is the Personna Lab Blue, IMHO there is little difference between med preps and lab blues, except for the price.

0 89
 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM
User Info
The original Super Iridiums are my only blade and I found them smoother than the Polsilver SI.
The Perma-Sharp Supers are a great blade, also; not as nice as the original SI, but very nice, all together.
Of course, this is going to be a YMMV thing as you may have a different opinion.
Good luck.

83 21,081
 06-19-2014, 08:01 AM
User Info
I use polsilver and Gsb, they both give me close and comfortable shaves in all my razors. Definite thumbs up for both but I do find them very similar YMMV.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

115 1,005
 06-19-2014, 03:41 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
(06-14-2014, 03:40 PM)sm304 Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 03:32 PM)CMur12 Wrote: I'm overwhelmed with acronyms, so I haven't figured out what GSBs are. I have used the original Super Iridiums and I use Perma-Sharps. The Perma-Sharps are my favorite Procter & Gamble/St Petersburg blades. I find them very sharp and smooth.

- Murray

GSB = Gillette Silver Blue.

My favourite blade that is easily available is the Personna Lab Blue, IMHO there is little difference between med preps and lab blues, except for the price.

Thanks! Smile

- Murray

4 1,150
 06-19-2014, 03:49 PM
User Info
I'm going back and forth between GSB and Polsilver right now and can't say for sure but my suspicion was that the GSB was causing more irritation in a more aggressive razor too. Particularly when used in my new Progress set at over 3. It's interesting to read this actually.

12 848
 06-19-2014, 08:44 PM
  • lfs70
  • Virginia
User Info
I had the same problem with GSB and found the perma sharps to be just a little smoother but still irritating on my neck.
I have never used a pol silver but I do find that pesonna blues give me a nice smooth shave in my weber.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

80 469
 06-20-2014, 12:06 AM
User Info
I like the Permasharps I find them a little sharper and smoother than the Astra. I use the GSB in my Gillette TTO's and the Polsilver is good for me in every razor pretty much. I have 100 Permasharp on their way now from Amazon

2 71