06-14-2014, 07:42 AM
User Info
Anybody tried this cream? I can't find any reviews on it anywhere, which is strange for a RR product. What on earth does it smell like? Is it supposed to be a knock off of a high end scent like all the other "X" creams. Thanks for any help you can give me! Biggrin

2 806
 06-14-2014, 07:51 AM
User Info
Chris made an initial impressions video that included One X here

96 2,592
 06-14-2014, 08:34 AM
User Info
Supposedly it's Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi. It's an interesting cologne scent, citrus but with a deeper fig-scent background. It's not my favorite of the scents I picked up this round, but I can see that a lot of people will really like it.

9 112
 06-14-2014, 09:37 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
Here's my impression of RR One X after two shaves with the soap,splash and balm. First the scent is appealing to me, but as usual tough for me to describe. It's unique as I can't think of any other scents to compare it to, even within Aqua Di Parma's own scent line. I can describe it as bright, clean/fresh, sweet but in a fruity/light airy way(Not P160 pastry sweet) , not too complex, lotion/ocean/beach all comes to mind. Now onto my more confident subjects to describe...The soap lathers and performs like all other RazoRock tallow soaps both new and old...One X is an easy soap to achieve a slick, stable lather, with very good post shave skin feel. What makes One X special is the amount of refreshing menthol included in the mix! I enjoy some menthol while shaving in warm weather especially, it usually creates a more comfortable shave by both cooling any skin burn further into my shave and also cooling my face in a hot humid bathroom post shower. It feels like approximately half the amount of menthol sensation I get from Proraso green. I do prefer this lesser amount of menthol in One X, as it doesn't take over the entire experience or last too long after the shave. Overall a great soap, with a little something different added(menthol) to make the experience unique to other RR tallow soap/croaps. The splash and balm are excellent adding to the shaves enjoyment and furthering the strength of One X's scent. My only surprise was that the balm doesn't seem to have any extra menthol included in the One X version vs. other scents in the RR balm line.

4 794
 06-14-2014, 03:00 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet. Sounds like it will be a good summer soap.

45 3,955
 01-08-2016, 01:41 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I ordered it on Tuesday, along with the matching aftershave and I'm waiting for it to get here.

3 2,638