06-15-2014, 10:34 AM
User Info
Hello!

I have been working on a shaving cream for approximately the last seven months. This shaving cream is based on a traditional cream soap foundation. It requires a 3 month "cure" time to reach it's full potential and appropriate consistency. This is not a simple whipped body butter adapted for shaving. I started with six different formulations and after my own extensive testing have chosen the top performer.

This is a skin safe, vegan formulation and for this test, the testing panel will receive a unscented and scented test sample. The test sample will be scented with Savon Fragrance No.1 (Essential oils). The test samples will have the ingredients listed. I ask that you review the ingredient list and if you have an concerns or are allergic to any of the listed ingredients please contact me before testing.

I'm looking for testers with experience using various shaving creams. There will be no cost to the members of the test panel. Below are the additional requirements:

1) Testers must reside in the Continental United States and be able to receive First Class Mail from the USPS.

2) Samples must be tested within 7 days from receiving the sample.

3) Testers must provide a valid email address and be willing to complete a short survey about the sample.

4) Testers agree not to hold Cold River Soap Works, The Shave Nook nor any of it's employees responsible for any injury incurred while testing or resulting from this sample.

I also would appreciate any feedback, impressions and or suggestions testers have on the sample and request they be sent to me via email or Private Message.

If you would like to be a member of the Test Panel you can do so in this thread, by Private Message or email. Testers will be chosen on a "first come, first serve" basis. I will keep the list of testers in this thread and add to it as I receive requests. Additionally I have the need for 2 Substitute Testers.

Test Panel
1) Agravic
2) andrewjs18
3) grantmm
4) shickter
5) Shakamoto
6) squatzilla801
7) Stubbl E
8) JrReyes
9) eengler
10) nachum
Substitute Testers
1) Songwind
2) ShadowsDad

I want to thank you in advance for your interest and hopefully participation!

Larry

4 925
 06-15-2014, 10:54 AM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I'd love to be in, but it has been a year since I've used a shaving cream Sad

10 757
 06-15-2014, 11:48 AM
User Info
I'd be happy to help out!

10 1,858
 06-15-2014, 12:06 PM
User Info
If you don't mind another artisan taking part then add my name to the list. Other gents have tested my products for me; it's time I did the same for others.

32 6,460
 06-15-2014, 12:12 PM
User Info
(06-15-2014, 11:48 AM)Songwind Wrote: I'd be happy to help out!

The panel filled up quick. I have you down for a substitute. But I have a feeling I'll expand the test panel to 12 testers. Thank you, I appreciate it!

(06-15-2014, 12:06 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: If you don't mind another artisan taking part then add my name to the list. Other gents have tested my products for me; it's time I did the same for others.

Wow, that went quick! I have you down as a substitute but I think I'll expand it to 12 testers. I appreciate the help!

4 925
 06-15-2014, 12:17 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Many thanks, Larry, for the opportunity to test this new cream ... Shy

102 18,652
 06-15-2014, 12:20 PM
User Info
Thank you to all that replied! If your name is not on the list I'm sorry. It was a first come, first serve basis and the response was very fast and the panel filled up quick. I will keep your name on a "reserve" list on the chance you are needed.

To those on the test panel, I will be contacting each of you via pm next week to gather the information needed for sending the samples and the survey.

Thanks again!
Larry

(06-15-2014, 12:17 PM)Agravic Wrote: Many thanks, Larry, for the opportunity to test this new cream ... Shy

Thank you for your participation Ravi!

4 925
 06-23-2014, 06:33 AM
User Info
*UPDATE -

Shaving Cream Questionnaires have been emailed and Shaving Cream Samples have been shipped to members of the Test Panel!

Thanks,
Larry

4 925