06-17-2014, 02:43 PM
User Info
I'll start by saying that I never had a chance to try the original.

Other than the scent, P.160 is a great performer with excellent glide and cushion.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the almond & cherry scent which was present immediately upon opening the tub and when whipping up the lather. Thankfully it dissipated quick enough and it has no staying power.

I wish they made an unscented version...I'm undecided as to if I should keep or sell the P.160...

I'll also add that I have the same problem with PB 1924 and Cella. I finally got rid of the last bit of Cella I had left and have apx 60g of PB 1924 that I'll keep simply because it is a excellent soap!

Edit - seems as though some members on another forum or stocking up and/or hoarding P.160. I ordered one tub...with so many great soaps out there hoarding didn't make sense...unless the plan is to sell for more down the line...

33 548
 06-17-2014, 03:26 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(06-17-2014, 02:43 PM)daverasi Wrote: I'll start by saying that I never had a chance to try the original.

Other than the scent, P.160 is a great performer with excellent glide and cushion.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the almond & cherry scent which was present immediately upon opening the tub and when whipping up the lather. Thankfully it dissipated quick enough and it has no staying power.

I wish they made an unscented version...I'm undecided as to if I should keep or sell the P.160...

I'll also add that I have the same problem with PB 1924 and Cella. I finally got rid of the last bit of Cella I had left and have apx 60g of PB 1924 that I'll keep simply because it is a excellent soap!

Edit - seems as though some members on another forum or stocking up and/or hoarding P.160. I ordered one tub...with so many great soaps out there hoarding didn't make sense...unless the plan is to sell for more down the line...

Seems to be the way some folks think here lately. Sad

175 23,752
 06-17-2014, 04:18 PM
User Info
I realize you can't make a product that appeals to everyone, but I was underwhelmed by the RR P.160. I used it three times which is not enough to solidify my opinion, but my initial impressions are that it is over scented and the performance was just alright. It worked, but so do a lot of other soaps.

I still appreciate Joe bringing it to the market, but at this point, it isn't for me. I will put it up my closet and revisit it in the future to see if anything changes.

18 586
 06-18-2014, 04:29 AM
User Info
How does it compare to Cella? Early on in my shaving career I split a block of Cella with a friend thinking it was the cats meow and now I barely use it. It creates a ton of lather but I feel like I have a good amount of soaps that are better now. I keep breaking off junks and giving it to friends to try and I still have enough to last me at least 6 months of daily use.

12 848
 06-18-2014, 09:46 AM
  • ThreeBs
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
User Info
To me Cella has a more refine scent. RR P.160 smells a bit strong for my liking. It does get better while lathering though. But the scent is suuuuuper sweet and could be over powering to some people. Performance is good. It performs like any other RR soaps. I personaly prefer the performance and scent of Cella but I still enjoy my tub of P.160. Maybe the scent will grow on me. And Maybe I'll get better at lathering the RR and prefer P.160 to Cella in a couple of months. The soap is still relatively new, so it's hard to give a fair review.

Envoyé de mon HTC One S en utilisant Tapatalk

20 147
 06-18-2014, 02:50 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
In all honesty, how could anything live up to the hype and expectations of anything labeled P.160? I bought some and began to regret that I succumbed to the mystique and marketing of RR P.160.
I have used it twice and think it is very good, maybe excellent - but it is not a cut above the others in my rotation.

P.S. The RR P160 reminds me more of TSF's Raffinato more than Cella.

1 795
 06-18-2014, 03:42 PM
  • Niro884
  • Italian Shaving Enthusiast
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
I think joe did a great job on the reformulation. Not an easy task. If your a fan of the original as I am , you will be quite happy with this. I think everybody goes in phases as to what they currently like, but I've come to appreciate how good RR really is in value, quality and variety . Joe brings a lot to the table.

47 468
 06-18-2014, 05:15 PM
User Info
I was hoping to read an honest comparison review of both the original and the RR version of the P.160.

I didn't try original P160 when it was available, wish I did,

I know Joe works hard to bring great soaps to the community

0 50
 06-28-2014, 06:06 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I only shaved twice with a sample of the orig. P.160, and just remember a very similar experience to the new release by Razorock. the scent is of course a sweet almond, marzipan scent that I think polarizes opinions. It's a like or dislike scent for the most part...thankfully for my it's a big plus, especially since the scent in this new p.160 doesn't trigger any allergies or irritation. What I do really like about this croap is the high quality, slick tallow lather that comes to form quickly. I keep getting very close irritation free shaves that I can't achieve with just any old soap/croap. The post shave feel is soft, smooth and not the least bit drying for my...although it isn't particularly moisturizing; Just smooth, clean post shave skin. I'm not sure anymore will be made, but I'm glad I have another opp to use this soap!

4 794
 07-01-2014, 12:17 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I received the RR P160 today and have not shaved with it yet. The scent is rather strong, but smells as I imagined it should. I usually prefer robust scents, but in this case I might just leave the lid off this one a while as I think a more subtle fragranced version might be more appealing to me...

99 18,011
 07-01-2014, 06:30 AM
User Info
(06-18-2014, 03:42 PM)Niro884 Wrote: I think joe did a great job on the reformulation. Not an easy task. If your a fan of the original as I am , you will be quite happy with this. I think everybody goes in phases as to what they currently like, but I've come to appreciate how good RR really is in value, quality and variety . Joe brings a lot to the table.

+1---- Yup and a big thanks to Joe. And yes I like it as I do the original. Enjoy the lather!

0 205