06-17-2014, 07:11 PM
User Info
I'd like to see some pics of your vintage scuttles. And how do you use them? I'll try to remember to post pics of mine when I get home tonight.

Sent from my iPhone

2 55
 06-20-2014, 04:12 AM
User Info
Although this is not a vintage scuttle in years, I believe it is vintage in that it is an original Georgetown Pottery G1 Scuttle. The two items that are unique are the spout - no flaring, small opening. It is not easy to fill; requires low water flow or you get splash back. The other item is that the bowl does not have any ridges. Since the bowl is smooth, and with no ridges, it is very difficult to make lather...no friction between the bowl and the brush. I do not use this scuttle. I purchased it to complete a collection of a G1, G2, G3, G4, and G5. The G1 and G2 were the hardest to locate. As a last try, I contacted GTP to see if they may have a G1 and G2 hidden away; they did and the rest is history. It has the usual beautiful glaze for which GTP is known.

Ed
[Image: osAxe2a.jpg]

22 764
 06-21-2014, 04:46 AM
User Info
Here are the two I have. The Hoffman from Australia is kinda neat. I bought it with my first DE razor. The other appears to be a reproduction. Similar to the last one pictured.
[Image: e5yguvy9.jpg][Image: ugudy7y2.jpg][Image: 9y2y9u2a.jpg][Image: equgutas.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone

I use them to soak my brush then after loading the brush I place it on the top and the warm water below keeps the brush warm. The yellow scuttle does a better job at this though.

Sent from my iPhone

2 55