05-15-2012, 06:55 AM
User Info
I was wondering if there was any good way to get around the 10 image/post limit.

On other forums, I get around image limits by posting the pics on a hosting site, and then using the [img] tags to insert as many pics as I want in the post.

On this forum, that workaround doesn't seem to work.

So, I get around that by posting the images in several consecutive posts. This works fine when I first post. The forum software just appends the subsequent posts to the first one, with a divider in between. This is fine by me.

However, if I have to make a change to any of the posts, then I get a complaint about there being too many images, as the software seems to identify these merged posts as one single post. So, I either can't make any changes, or I can do so by moving some of the pics to the end of the thread.

So, is there any way to get more than 10 pics in a thread that's actually editable in the future?

37 1,731
 05-15-2012, 07:05 AM
User Info
That happens to me also. I cannot edit one of my posts, written before the migration to MyBB, because of the 10 image/post limit.

Also the smileys seem to count for that limit, not only the images posted with the [img] tags

2 5,532
 05-15-2012, 09:51 AM
User Info
(05-15-2012, 06:55 AM)yohannrjm Wrote: I was wondering if there was any good way to get around the 10 image/post limit.

On other forums, I get around image limits by posting the pics on a hosting site, and then using the [img] tags to insert as many pics as I want in the post.

On this forum, that workaround doesn't seem to work.

So, I get around that by posting the images in several consecutive posts. This works fine when I first post. The forum software just appends the subsequent posts to the first one, with a divider in between. This is fine by me.

However, if I have to make a change to any of the posts, then I get a complaint about there being too many images, as the software seems to identify these merged posts as one single post. So, I either can't make any changes, or I can do so by moving some of the pics to the end of the thread.

So, is there any way to get more than 10 pics in a thread that's actually editable in the future?

yes, I can adjust how many images are allowed per post. I'll bump it up to 20. and yes, the thread would be editable. also, I made the super moderator group exempt from having their posts merged together.

40 5,830
 05-15-2012, 11:48 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Your a good man Andrew.

173 23,547
 05-15-2012, 12:31 PM
User Info
Excellent, Andrew!!

2 5,532