06-19-2014, 02:07 PM
  • ThreeBs
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
User Info
The Omega Hi-Brush is my first synthetic ever. Never tried one before. So I thought that before buying a Plisson/L'Occitane I would try this one since it's affordable and that Nick (NickShaves on Youtube) made a review on that brush and liked it. First thing I noticed is the incredible soft tips. I mean, ridiculously soft. Softer than any of my Super/Silvertips. It was a really nice surprise. So then I proceeded to a couple of test lathers. I went with Cella first since I know this soap very well. I decided to try a bowl lather first, to see how things were going. I simply could not believe the lather a got with this brush. It was THE lather I had always dreamed of. It was thick and creamy like nothing else. It was dense and sticky with beautiful peaks. Unfortunetly, It was only a test lather and I wasn't going to be shaving with it, but man ! That lather was amazing !
So I thought maybe it was luck. Maybe I just had the perfect amount of water with the perfect amount of soap out of coincidence. So I tried a simulated face lather in my hand with RazoRock Freedberg, and BOOM. She did it again! I included pics of that test lather, cause I couldn't believe the results I was getting with that brush. Look at my hand ! There's like 1/2 inch thick of lather right there ! It's a lather monster. First time ever I had actual peaks in my hand and on the brush while palm lathering. Now, how did the brush felt? To be honest, It felt kinda stiff. Stiff like a new boar brush. The tips were soft, yes, but when lathering up I tend to squish the knot on my face (or hand in this case) to make the hairs splay. So I'm not only feeling the tips, but also the ''body'' of the hairs and these felt a little bit weird on my hand. They kinda felt synthetic (obviously) but also scritchy in a weird way. I'll see when I face lather with it. And I looooove the fact that it dries in like 2 minutes. When you're done, you just shake it real good and voila ! It's practically dry. Anyway, couldn't be happier with the brush. I highly recommend it, well worth 20$ !

[Image: heJFkTs.jpg]
[Image: h5CKJNS.jpg]

25 147
 06-19-2014, 02:09 PM
User Info
Thanks for reporting. I have resisted trying synthetics, but you make it sound really attractive at that price.

207 12,257
 06-19-2014, 02:21 PM
  • ThreeBs
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
User Info
(06-19-2014, 02:09 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Thanks for reporting. I have resisted trying synthetics, but you make it sound really attractive at that price.

I've always been a Badger guy. Always. I have 1 boar, 1 mixed and about 12 badgers (mostly Simpsons). But synthetics (especially that Plisson/Cade) are getting really popular and I wanted to know why. Well, part of me don't want to accept it but I enjoyed using the brush and the performance was outstanding (given the price of the brush). I didn't face lather with it yet, so I can't really speak of backbone, face feel, scritch etc. I'll report back when I do. But (sadly) so far so good.

25 147
 06-19-2014, 06:50 PM
User Info
Congratulations on the brush. Synthetics are great brushes for the money and their qualities that they provide you. Enjoy the brush. Smile

82 21,077
 06-19-2014, 07:28 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I only have one badger left, my Simpsons P8. The rest are synthetic.

178 23,807
 06-20-2014, 06:23 AM
User Info
i have only 1 synthetic, which is muhle v2 23 mm and i love this brush. it beats all my other brushes in lather making. spectacular performer !

1 495
 06-24-2014, 04:26 AM
User Info
Although I prefer my Muhle M, I also have a "Hi Brush" from Omega that is nearly as good ! I think the hairs are too long, so I put lather everywhere if I'm not careful, but great brush for the price. I recommend it as well !!

3 261
 06-24-2014, 11:06 AM
User Info
Nice lather!

15 771
 06-27-2014, 12:25 AM
User Info
Enjoy your brush ThreeBs !
I have that Omega,is very good.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1DsancY3q1o/U0...O-+(4).JPG

0 353
 07-01-2014, 04:52 PM
User Info
It seems like a perfect first brush for someone just getting into wet shaving and who doesn't want to invest a lot to start with.

5 1,537
 07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
(06-19-2014, 07:28 PM)Johnny Wrote: I only have one badger left
WOWWW, you are really a brave heart.

I dont' know if you are just the first ... or you are unique!! BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

0 1,140
 07-01-2014, 05:58 PM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
I love my synth brush (The Grooming co), she blew every prejudgement i had with this kind of brushes and i'm looking forward to buy more.

Maybe a Omega =D

4 447
 07-01-2014, 07:40 PM
User Info
(07-01-2014, 05:58 PM)Gago Wrote: I love my synth brush (The Grooming co), she blew every prejudgement i had with this kind of brushes and i'm looking forward to buy more.

Maybe a Omega =D

besides omega, muhle stf v2 and plisson synth are known to be the best synthetic brushes. i own a muhle which is a very good brush and looking for plisson as my next brush purchase.

1 495
 07-02-2014, 12:08 AM
User Info
Yes but the price of Omega's synthetics and the Muhle's-Plisson's have huge gap.

0 353