06-21-2014, 07:48 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
I am on a ten day run of outstanding shaves in part due to receipt of a generous sample of Piccadilly Shave Co. Shave Cream. Piccadilly performs right up on par with my favourites from DRH, GFT, and T&H. I wish to buy a cream, pre-shave, and after shave from one company line. Piccadilly would scratch the itch but prior to trying the sample I had my heart set on trying Castle Forbes. Now I am seized with indecision.

Being able to buy only one product set, if you were to choose between Piccadilly or Castle Forbes, what would you choose and why?

Appreciate any input the collective has.

0 621
 06-21-2014, 11:35 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I have used Castle Forbes, I haven't used Piccadilly. Castle Forbes was good but it isn't on the same level as my favorite soaps, and the scent of CF is not a true sandalwood scent it's predominately cedar. Since Piccadilly works as well as any of your favorites I would recommend that you go with the complete line. You could also get a sample of Castle Forbes and see how it compares with out buying a hole tub.

8 1,289
 06-21-2014, 02:40 PM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
(06-21-2014, 11:35 AM)Sully Wrote: I have used Castle Forbes, I haven't used Piccadilly. Castle Forbes was good but it isn't on the same level as my favorite soaps, and the scent of CF is not a true sandalwood scent it's predominately cedar. Since Piccadilly works as well as any of your favorites I would recommend that you go with the complete line. You could also get a sample of Castle Forbes and see how it compares with out buying a hole tub.

I went to my favourite shave emporium with the wife in tow. Your observation on the CF scent is spot on and your recommendation sound. I purchased the Piccadilly items. Then my wife, ever the enabler, threw in a tub of CF.Biggrin
Both lines are supposedly sandalwood, the CF cedar mixed in as well. Neither is at all similar to my GFT sandalwood. All set for some special shave of the days. Thanks for your response.

0 621
 06-21-2014, 05:30 PM
User Info
(06-21-2014, 02:40 PM)u2u Wrote: I went to my favourite shave emporium with the wife in tow. Your observation on the CF scent is spot on and your recommendation sound. I purchased the Piccadilly items. Then my wife, ever the enabler, threw in a tub of CF.Biggrin
Both lines are supposedly sandalwood, the CF cedar mixed in as well. Neither is at all similar to my GFT sandalwood. All set for some special shave of the days. Thanks for your response.

That is an awesome wife right there! Thumbup

6 36
 06-24-2014, 08:32 PM
User Info
If you want an all in one line I highly recommend The Gentleman's refinery

3 254
 06-25-2014, 05:45 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
(06-24-2014, 08:32 PM)jddssc121 Wrote: If you want an all in one line I highly recommend The Gentleman's refinery

Thanks for the suggestion. Good potential for future consideration and I would be supporting a home based manufacture.

Some of the lesser known companies have excellent products that don't appear in the forums often. I have run into three this year; Gentlemen's Tonic, Urth, and finally Piccadilly Shave company.

So many enticing products.... Only one beard.

0 621