03-03-2012, 07:41 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I recently had a customer order a bottle of Lavanda Aqua de Colonia from me and upon packing the bottle, I noticed that the cap had cracked. This left me with no alternative than to "adopt" the bottle for myself as it would have leaked during transport.

Not usually one to wear colognes, I decided to use a neutral scented aftershave this morning and splash on the Aqua de Colonia. This is really nice stuff. I wish I was better at describing scents but it is not overly flowery but rather kind of earthy and it stays close to the skin. It is also not overpowering in the least and I am really enjoying it. I will be interested to see how the scent changes throughout the day. Research...someone has to do it. Biggrin

Attached Files Image(s)

45 16,293
 03-04-2012, 05:38 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I've had my eye on this one for a while. I really like lavender but most of the lavenders I have tried don't have much longevity.

7 1,018
 03-04-2012, 08:23 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(03-04-2012, 05:38 AM)Sully Wrote: I've had my eye on this one for a while. I really like lavender but most of the lavenders I have tried don't have much longevity.

This one stays close to the skin but does stay around for much of the day. That said, it is not a sharp lavender but is more earthy for lack of a better term. I like it.

45 16,293
 03-04-2012, 03:18 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(03-04-2012, 08:23 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 05:38 AM)Sully Wrote: I've had my eye on this one for a while. I really like lavender but most of the lavenders I have tried don't have much longevity.

This one stays close to the skin but does stay around for much of the day. That said, it is not a sharp lavender but is more earthy for lack of a better term. I like it.

Phil your description of the scent is exactly like the one I gave to the latest formulation of the Lavanda shave cream that I got from you a while back. If the two products have the identical scent then lavender is almost a misnomer, in my opinion. I happen to really like the earthy scent but if someone is looking for an unadulterated lavender scent then I doubt that this is it.

2 11,211
 03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
I wonder if it isn't a unisex after bath splash. I have the Aqua Lavanda Puig 750 ml bottle and its described as such. Puig also has the regular cologne for men in a standard bottle. I like the large Puig, splashed on liberally after a shower its has a nice scent and is calming.

15 541
 03-04-2012, 05:10 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(03-04-2012, 04:51 PM)Hanzo Wrote: I wonder if it isn't a unisex after bath splash. I have the Aqua Lavanda Puig 750 ml bottle and its described as such. Puig also has the regular cologne for men in a standard bottle. I like the large Puig, splashed on liberally after a shower its has a nice scent and is calming.

It is possible. You can definitely splash this on fairly liberally without fear of overpowering.

45 16,293
 03-23-2012, 08:02 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I am interested to know if this Lavanda EDC smells similar to the shave cream. I enjoyed the scent of the cream, but my skin reacted to it.

My current go to Lavender scent is Lorenzo Villoresi Inglese.

43 1,690
 03-26-2012, 07:07 AM
  • Leon
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
(03-04-2012, 04:51 PM)Hanzo Wrote: I wonder if it isn't a unisex after bath splash. I have the Aqua Lavanda Puig 750 ml bottle and its described as such. Puig also has the regular cologne for men in a standard bottle. I like the large Puig, splashed on liberally after a shower its has a nice scent and is calming.

Yes it is. It's unisex. This splash has been around for many decades here in Portugal.
It's refreshing and not overpowering, in my opinion.

4 313
 03-28-2012, 03:30 AM
  • gsgo
User Info
Can anyone comment if it is close to Aqua Lavanda Puig?

0 11
 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(03-28-2012, 03:30 AM)gsgo Wrote: Can anyone comment if it is close to Aqua Lavanda Puig?

I am sorry but I have never sniffed Aqua Lavanda Puig. Can anyone weigh in?

45 16,293
 03-30-2012, 11:56 AM
User Info
(03-28-2012, 03:30 AM)gsgo Wrote: Can anyone comment if it is close to Aqua Lavanda Puig?

They aren't identical so I don't mind owning both. They are, however, in the same neighborhood. They are more of the earthy medicinal lavenders like Castle Forbes rather than the truly feminine "sweet candy" lavenders. I wish I could describe them better, but my scent lexicon is lacking. Given the chance to grab either splash, I go for the one Phil posted. Mainly because I already have the concentrated cologne version of the Aqua Lavanda Puig so it gets more playing time if I want that specific scent.

0 221
 04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
  • Madail
  • Portugal
User Info
Indeed, this is a superb cologne. It will last for quite some time, although i can't feel it in the end of day (others may perhaps still feel some traces), but it does not shift to other scents. It's not so powerful to a point where you may feel "that was just too much". It's superbly fresh as any lavender splash should feel like.

The lid is in fact a major problem in every bottle, and i've also requested Ach Brito to make an improvement, without changing the lid. But it's interior could have a better "water tight" system, as they very frequently spill. I actually had to adopt a laqueur sealing system (thanks to my wife!)

Another thing i do to mine is to get a smaller bottle with vaporizer and fill it when needed, so i do not open the original bottle many often. But it's just a matter of taste of course.

0 49
 04-01-2012, 09:17 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(04-01-2012, 04:10 PM)Madail Wrote: The lid is in fact a major problem in every bottle, and i've also requested Ach Brito to make an improvement, without changing the lid. But it's interior could have a better "water tight" system, as they very frequently spill.

Unfortunately, that is very true. Angry I find that the caps crack easily as well.

45 16,293