06-21-2014, 05:55 PM
User Info
With so many great performing soaps and creams out there it seems that many of us, myself included, are enthusiastic about particular scents. With that said are there any scents you'd like to see a top performing artisan produce?

Two that come to mind for me are Dior Homme Intense/Dior Homme and Creed's Milliesieme Imperial.

I'm into fragrances so I can think of many other scents I'd like to see but I can't imagine that these two wouldn't be popular and would sell quickly if released as LE soaps like the recent releases from B&M and RR.

33 548
 06-21-2014, 06:08 PM
User Info
I'd like to see and smell some more vanilla soaps. I've missed out on the couple limited editions that were offered briefly.

207 12,369
 06-21-2014, 07:25 PM
  • ThreeBs
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
User Info
I'd love to see a L'Eau D'Issey SPORT based soap or AS. To me, this EdT is one of the manliest scent there is.

Envoyé de mon HTC One S en utilisant Tapatalk

25 147
 06-21-2014, 08:29 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
I'll have to think about it.
But if you haven't had Floris No 89 in the shave cream, I highly recommend it for those looking for an exquisite scent, great shave, and nice post face feel. It's an all round winner (especially for those who give scent high weight in ranking), and not nearly talked about enough, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62 3,014
 06-23-2014, 09:23 AM
User Info
I like JPG a lot. I'd really like to see a Le Male and a Fleur du Male scent. They're not super pricey colognes, so I'd imagine they could be replicated and made affordable, like RazoRock did with AdP and TdH.

Also, I think another line that I would purchase is Ralph Lauren's Polo. If someone did the original Green, as well as the Blue, Black, and Red - I'd be inclined to purchase the whole line. I think Polo is a great "daily driver" of a cologne.

6 61
 06-23-2014, 09:35 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
The original St. John's West Indian Lime, which differs from all other lime scents. [Image: Pfx71cj.jpg]
I'd love to have that scent in a rich, non-irritating shave cream,

1 1,110
 06-27-2014, 03:21 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
I can't help but find how curious it is that so few have replied to this thread considering the vast majority of posts in our forum is strictly about scent.

62 3,014
 06-27-2014, 05:23 PM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
After 40+ years of wet shaving and who knows how much money spent on shaving soap I find I like a light soapy clean smell for daily use. I'm not much for after shaves and colognes and rarely use them. Post shave I like a homemade witch hazel concoction with enough menthol to be a little north of Osage Rub and add just enough EO to kill the woody smell. There a few scents I really like, some are o.k. but I'm indifferent to most and with all of them I burn out on them after a few shaves, including the ones I like. This won't stop me from buying more unfortunately.
Edit, I've been on a light, soapy, clean smelling soap buying binge lately and may have found my niche, lol.

12 743
 06-27-2014, 07:55 PM
User Info
(06-27-2014, 03:21 PM)Nero Wrote: I can't help but find how curious it is that so few have replied to this thread considering the vast majority of posts in our forum is strictly about scent.

This is exactly what prompted me to start this thread!

There are so many soaps and creams that perform incredibly well. Because that's the case, well blended scents are, IMO, becoming a much more important factor.

33 548
 06-28-2014, 11:58 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
There are several artisans who will blend whatever scent you like, e.g. Tiki Bar, Prairie Creations. Krissy (Prairie Creations) recently made a terrific lavender vanilla tallow soap and a matching ASB for me, and many people have praised some of Amanda's special request soaps. Although I'll probably continue to buy a variety of soaps that sound appealing, 90% of the time I'm using a soap from one of three soap makers whose soaps outperform others for me. When I do find another soap whose scent and performance I like, I usually tire of it quickly, and I'm back to using one of my three favorites.

38 5,201
 06-28-2014, 01:57 PM
User Info
(06-21-2014, 06:08 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I'd like to see and smell some more vanilla soaps. I've missed out on the couple limited editions that were offered briefly.

the best smelling vanilla shaving soap I ever smelled was from Kell's Original.

40 5,830
 06-28-2014, 02:09 PM
User Info
I am very content with the offerings that are already out there.
The selection is astounding, really, if you look at all of the artisan soaps and their plethora of scents. Biggrin

83 21,115
 06-28-2014, 02:39 PM
User Info
(06-28-2014, 02:09 PM)celestino Wrote: I am very content with the offerings that are already out there.
The selection is astounding, really, if you look at all of the artisan soaps and their plethora of scents. Biggrin

I agree with this sentiment as well. We're quite spoiled nowadays with so many amazing options of great smelling and great performing scents.

I suppose my question is why is it that more artisan soap makers create scents that are similar to great smelling fragrances? That's worked for a number of artisans and I'm surprised that more haven't tried.

33 548
 06-28-2014, 03:36 PM
  • P.B
  • UK
User Info
(06-21-2014, 06:08 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I'd like to see and smell some more vanilla soaps. I've missed out on the couple limited editions that were offered briefly.

Nanny's Silly Soaps do vanilla.

I've tried this and it's lovely (smell and performance). Just like creme brulee
http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/produc...roduct=330

But not this one yet:
http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/produc...roduct=277

1 225
 06-28-2014, 03:43 PM
User Info
I'm really enjoying the scent of pre de Provence right now, I find myself opening the container a couple of times a day now just to smell it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

115 1,011
 06-28-2014, 04:03 PM
User Info
(06-27-2014, 05:23 PM)oscar11 Wrote: After 40+ years of wet shaving and who knows how much money spent on shaving soap I find I like a light soapy clean smell for daily use. I'm not much for after shaves and colognes and rarely use them. Post shave I like a homemade witch hazel concoction with enough menthol to be a little north of Osage Rub and add just enough EO to kill the woody smell. There a few scents I really like, some are o.k. but I'm indifferent to most and with all of them I burn out on them after a few shaves, including the ones I like. This won't stop me from buying more unfortunately.
Edit, I've been on a light, soapy, clean smelling soap buying binge lately and may have found my niche, lol.

If you get a chance, try Calani - Simply Soap. The performance is incredible and the scent is exactly as you describe. I don't know of any North American vendors that carry it, but it can be found direct here.

96 2,592
 06-28-2014, 04:16 PM
User Info
Would like to see a Skin Bracer scented soap

X2 on more Vanilla soaps. Something like a Vanilla mint would get my attention.

8 160
 06-28-2014, 06:13 PM
User Info
I like clean/classic scents. Slightly powdery but with a masculine clean scent such as pinaud, aqua velva, skin bracer, brut, old spice (shulton),& barbershop. Stirling Soap makes a few but I'm always looking for new & different versions.

6 589
 06-29-2014, 09:09 AM
User Info
I lean toward simpler scents and away from cologne scents as a general rule.

A single scent note, or a two-note scent (such as rose + lemon) is enough for me.

Sometimes 3 scent notes put together make an outstanding scent, and sometimes the combination smelling really good comes as a huge surprise. For example, I just bought a tub of The Beer Soap Brewing Company's new non-tallow soap called "BVV." It is scented with Bergamot, Violet, and Vetiver.

I love bergamot, but would never have guessed it would work well with the other two scents, especially considering that I am not a fan of vetiver. Surprisingly, this combination is intriguing and wonderful.

So, I guess I found out that sometimes a scent I really love is a scent I would never "ask for," which came as a huge surprise to me.

2 1,557
 06-29-2014, 12:23 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(06-28-2014, 06:13 PM)captain caveman Wrote: I like clean/classic scents. Slightly powdery but with a masculine clean scent such as pinaud, aqua velva, skin bracer, brut, old spice (shulton),& barbershop. Stirling Soap makes a few but I'm always looking for new & different versions.

You might want to try Provence Santé Green Tea (aka Thé Vert) soap. It is inexpensive, so there is no risk, and it might just be your cup of, er, "tea." It makes great lather.

1 1,110