06-25-2014, 06:16 AM
User Info
I have just received an Email from Fitjar soap maker............

Unfortunately she has made the decision to stop production of her business. A great loss as I enjoyed most of her shaving creams & black soap.

Charles U.K

0 2,428
 06-25-2014, 07:36 AM
User Info
Well, that is very unfortunate news for her loyal customers! I would be in a bit of a panic if my main supplier of soaps ceased her productioin. Sad

83 21,081
 06-25-2014, 07:44 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
I have two of her soaps and they are very nice indeed. It is really too bad she is going out of the business.

Bob

0 1,694
 06-25-2014, 08:29 AM
User Info
Just got an email saying that they are going out of business despite having a solid business due to the craziness of EU regs. Apparently she still has stock but her store seemed down. Meanwhile ExecutiveShaving has a good stock. I wonder will there be a run?

Quote:To my dear customers

The time has come for change. After careful consideration, I have made a decision to discontinue Fitjar Soap.

The reason for this decision is that during the last year there are new requirements for marketing and sale of cosmetics, in Norway and EU. For my small business these demands have serious consequences, so that I no longer consider it appropriate to continue operations.

This occurs in a year in which:
1 The sales are better than ever
2 Feedback from my dear customers is overwhelmingly positive at home and abroad
3 The company's finances are solid. (I have had good results every year since I started, and record results in 2013)

Nevertheless, the situation is such that the new cosmetics legislation involves comprehensive bureaucratic requirements, so there is no longer an economic basis for continued operation. I have a total of about 120 self-made products and the EU regulations require extensive documentation and analysis of each product in order to market and sell it. I have therefore decided to close down the operation of Fitjar Soap and find other activities on which I will spend my energy.

Obviously, this is sad, especially considering my dear customers. But I'm working on getting other ( larger players ) to take over, particularly the shaving products . At present it is uncertain what the solution will be, but I hope this will be resolved so that Fitjar Soap shaving products can live on under other management. As of now, I have some of all the products on shelf, and these remaining products on shelf will be sold while supplies last.

0 84
 06-25-2014, 06:28 PM
User Info
Her store is back up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 8
 06-25-2014, 07:23 PM
User Info
wonder how this will effect other european artisans-calani, tabula rasa, jabonman, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 34
 06-25-2014, 08:40 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Thanks for the heads up. I received the same email, but hadn't gotten around to reading it. I'm a big fan of Frost Rose, and was able to order another puck, and threw a Wild Thing in for good measure. She has such quality products, it's a shame to see her go out of business, especially since we're both Norwegian!

38 5,115
 06-26-2014, 12:23 PM
User Info
there is a 2nd thread for this in the soap/cream forum. please continue discussions there: http://shavenook.com/thread-sad-news-art...production

40 5,830