Yesterday, 05:38 AM
User Info
(01-21-2017, 09:20 AM)surfshaver Wrote: Damn!  I didn't know Rosa Bourbon was in tallow!  I'm waiting on my delivery... Cool

I've just checked with Manuel and Tallow Rosa Bourbon is not available, yet. He has made a trial soap, but isn't happy with the scent quality. It will come probably in a month, or two. Biggrin

31 5,028
 Yesterday, 07:05 AM
User Info
(Yesterday, 05:38 AM)Optometrist Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:20 AM)surfshaver Wrote: Damn!  I didn't know Rosa Bourbon was in tallow!  I'm waiting on my delivery... Cool

I've just checked with Manuel and Tallow Rosa Bourbon is not available, yet. He has made a trial soap, but isn't happy with the scent quality. It will come probably in a month, or two. Biggrin

I received rosa scent as a sample with ylang. Manuel marked as "rosa special" maybe that's the latest version. from sample smell very close or identical to original rosa (version 1)

58 2,935
 Yesterday, 07:23 AM
User Info
(Yesterday, 07:05 AM)Cricket203 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:38 AM)Optometrist Wrote:

I received rosa scent as a sample with ylang. Manuel marked as "rosa special" maybe that's the latest version. from sample smell very close or identical to original rosa (version 1)

Ever the perfectionist is Manuel. There's clearly something that he doesn't consider acceptable. We have to wait....patiently. Icon_popcorn

31 5,028
 Yesterday, 07:26 AM
User Info
(Yesterday, 07:23 AM)Optometrist Wrote:
(Yesterday, 07:05 AM)Cricket203 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:38 AM)Optometrist Wrote: I've just checked with Manuel and Tallow Rosa Bourbon is not available, yet. He has made a trial soap, but isn't happy with the scent quality. It will come probably in a month, or two. Biggrin

Ever the perfectionist is Manuel. There's clearly something that he doesn't consider acceptable. We have to wait....patiently. Icon_popcorn

Agreed!!

58 2,935
 Yesterday, 08:50 AM
User Info
[Image: e1e7d1024437475664d141ada1dc195d.jpg]

Received my shipment yesterday from Manuel. I had been waiting for the Rosa Bourbon to be available but as mentioned above Manuel wasn't happy how the new formula turned out so he sent me the normal Rosa version.

Out if all the soaps I received Rosa is my favorite smell which I also tried last evening, it was the best soap I have used till now and really powerful smell. I also had the Rosa aftershave lotion which I could smell for 2-3 hrs while my hands had the smell for almost 6 hrs

Today will try out Fougere probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 10
 Yesterday, 09:21 AM
User Info
Nice haul.
The Rosas is a beautiful scent. It always has been, though the newer scent that you have there(introduced approx 2 years ago) is especially so.

31 5,028
 Yesterday, 09:26 AM
User Info
I got a sample of the older Rosa Bourbon with the shipment too, any ideas on how that compares to the normal Rosa?

3 10
 Yesterday, 09:44 AM
User Info
(Yesterday, 09:26 AM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: I got a sample of the older Rosa Bourbon with the shipment too, any ideas on how that compares to the normal Rosa?

Manuel only makes two rose scents - the Rosas and Rosa Bourbon, which you both have there. The Rosas is a lighter, brighter, sweeter smell(or it was the last time I tried), the Rosa Bourbon being a deeper, more full-bodied scent. The Rosas is obviously veggie. The Rosa Bourbon has always been veggie, too, but I'm not sure what you have there as Manuel is in the process of making a tallow version. I know he's made a trial tallow soap which he isn't happy with, but Mustafa has said he's received a sample, also, which I believe to be tallow. Not sure why he'd send it out if not satisfied, if that is what it is.

31 5,028
 Yesterday, 09:54 AM
User Info
Thanks for the explanation. I think the samples he is sending is of the older version. He said in one of the emails that I will add what I have for Rosa Bourbon until the tallow version is as per his satisfaction, maybe he is just sending samples since he doesn't have enough of older version.

3 10
 Yesterday, 04:56 PM
User Info
(Yesterday, 09:44 AM)Optometrist Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:26 AM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: I got a sample of the older Rosa Bourbon with the shipment too, any ideas on how that compares to the normal Rosa?

Manuel only makes two rose scents - the Rosas and Rosa Bourbon, which you both have there. The Rosas is a lighter, brighter, sweeter smell(or it was the last time I tried), the Rosa Bourbon being a deeper, more full-bodied scent. The Rosas is obviously veggie. The Rosa Bourbon has always been veggie, too, but I'm not sure what you have there as Manuel is in the process of making a tallow version. I know he's made a trial tallow soap which he isn't happy with, but Mustafa has said he's received a sample, also, which I believe to be tallow. Not sure why he'd send it out if not satisfied, if that is what it is.

Confirmed with manuel, the sample I received is indeed final version of tallow rosa bourbon. To me it's smells same as version 1 . I am sure manuel is fine tuning the production version and getting ready for production version.

58 2,935
 Yesterday, 04:59 PM
User Info
Ok great, thanks for confirmation, am planning to try it out tomorrow

3 10
 Yesterday, 06:05 PM
User Info
(Yesterday, 04:59 PM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: Ok great, thanks for confirmation, am planning to try it out tomorrow

Not sure if you have same version as me . Does it say "special rosa" if not you have regular version.

58 2,935
 Yesterday, 06:16 PM
User Info
(Yesterday, 06:05 PM)Cricket203 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 04:59 PM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: Ok great, thanks for confirmation, am planning to try it out tomorrow

Not sure if you have same version as me . Does it say "special rosa" if not you have regular version.

It says Rosa Bourbon. So I guess I have a sample of older version.

3 10