06-30-2014, 09:41 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I have shaved approximately 12 times with RRP160 and find that it is an excellent product. It lathers easily, though not as thickly as I would like. It is slick and provides adequate cushion. It is now my 41st or 42nd soap in my rotation, although I am currently paring down my supply to a more "normal" or "rational" number.

For the last few months I have been trying different blades in different razors and keeping notes on the results. Also, and most interestingly, I have been very careful not to rush the preparation phase. I have found that with proper preparation even highly revered products like RRP160 do NOT perform a cut above other excellent new artisan soaps or the tried and true triple-milled classics.

I guess I have gotten cynical about how marketing these products really feeds my ADs so that I have no need to buy or try any other soap, except one, which is in transit (I was intrigued by the ingredient list). It is somewhat bitter sweet to lose the rush I got from my ADs, but the RRP160 experience really brought home to me what a malleable, naive and juiced-up fellow I was.

Anyhow, RRP160 is worth a look, for sure, but don't expect to have anything like a LSD-induced vision.

1 796
 06-30-2014, 09:52 AM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
Very well said. I, while I still battle the AD's, think along the same lines. I was still buying a ton of soaps but if I didn't absolutely love them they were sold. I quickly found I was selling a lot of soaps. Now I'm just trying to use what I have that I love and not buy more. Operative word being try Smile

58 1,312
 06-30-2014, 10:27 AM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
I experienced something similar when i received my Acqua di Parma soap (the scented one, of course) and... man... that is a HELLHUVA soap, and, along C&E NOMAD, BY FAR the best smells i ever felt.

But... thats that. There's no magic in it, OR in MdC. Biggrin

4 447
 06-30-2014, 12:23 PM
User Info
RR P.160 is pretty new - I didn't realize it had already gotten the status of "revered."

10 1,858
 06-30-2014, 08:42 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
The scent is what it is...nothing more, nothing less...the performance is above averae for me, simply providing slick, smooth shaves, that are noticeably close. I've used it with a few days growth too and it worked great also just to mention not even the slightest skin irritation, allergy redness or burn...I'm happy I have it, and that it was brought back! Thanks Joe at Razorock!

4 794