05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Slideshow of the current contents of the box:

https://picasaweb.google.com/10304915427...6507959874

For those of you that have not done one of these boxes before:
  • before the box gets to you; communicate with the next person on the list. Make sure they will be home (ie. not on vacation or at a university, etc...) and ready to receive the box and make sure you have the correct address
  • When the box gets to you, take some stuff out and put some stuff in. Lets not fill the box with broken things or things that most of us can easily find locally.
  • Take pictures if you wish, but at least let us know what you took out and what you put back in.
  • Ship the box to the next person on the list. If the box is badly damaged, replace the box. Large flat rate boxes can be picked up at the post office for free.
  • This is a large flat rate priority mail box. It will cost about $15 to ship. Make sure you get tracking information!
  • You don't have to post the tracking number on here, but at least let myself and the next person on the list know the tracking number.
  • Don't try to match dollar to dollar the value of what you are taking out and what you are putting in. Have fun - this is more of an opportunity to try something different and pass on something else. However, please don't fill the box with williams, vdh, and every day products that are in most stores. However, vintage williams, vintage colgate, etc.. is another story
  • This box will stay within the United States. I am sorry for all our international members, but there are several reasons for this limitation including (unfair price to ship jump for the person sending a heavy box international, inability to track, customs regulations, etc...)

If you want on the list for this rotation: What I am going to need, is A) confirmation that you are willing to take this on, B) contact information (Name, Phone number, e-mail, address). PM me with the info to get on the list.

I want to get the box on the road that last week of May. So, that gives everyone two weeks to get their information to me. If you were on either of the last two rotations of the box and want to get involved, please resend me your data. I do have backups of some of the data, but some of the box data is stuck in the old site.

0 253
 05-16-2012, 06:22 PM
User Info
PM Sent with my info. Thanks for putting this together!!

1 223
 05-17-2012, 03:53 AM
  • donoma
  • Birmingham, AL
User Info
PM Sent. Looking forward to this!

0 64
 05-17-2012, 05:26 AM
  • wlmcad
  • Memphis, TN
User Info
I'm in and PM has been sent... Aaaaa

0 539
 05-17-2012, 07:48 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
Thanks Justin, I am in and PM sent. Doug

11 303
 05-17-2012, 08:31 AM
User Info
I would like to be in, I sent a PM. Thanks, Justin!

0 103
 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
User Info
I would like to be in this one. Thanks for the heads up. Pm sent!

1 73
 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
I have been away from a computer for a while, so here is a quick update. It looks like we are up to 7 on the list. I would love to see more people on this list - there is still another week before the box gets sent out to the first person (whomever that happens to be)

0 253
 05-21-2012, 02:02 PM
  • donoma
  • Birmingham, AL
User Info
Just to clarify,
When the box gets to you, take some stuff out and put some stuff in.

You get to swap and keep a couple of items in the box with a couple of things you place in it? Either way, I'm game with trying a couple of new items.

0 64
 05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
User Info
If there is still room, I in too! Already PM'd info. Thanks!

0 123
 05-26-2012, 06:14 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Things have been crazy crazy crazy.. I haven't been checking in here much, but the box is still planned to go out next week. I haven't set the rotation order up yet as I am going to base it on a geographical order like we have done in the past. Please try to sign up by Wednesday!

0 253
 05-27-2012, 03:49 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
Justin, thanks for the update and good luck with all of the end of the school year activities. doug

11 303
 05-27-2012, 08:08 AM
  • wlmcad
  • Memphis, TN
User Info
I am looking forward to the arrival of the traveling box! Go Box Go!

0 539
 05-29-2012, 11:13 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
It's almost Wednesday.......start your engines, fellow Nookers.......

11 303
 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
User Info
Is this thing still going to happen?

1 73
 06-02-2012, 04:38 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
(06-01-2012, 04:43 PM)sqratch Wrote: Is this thing still going to happen?

Dave, it is obviously a very busy several weeks for Justin; he always comes through. So, it will happen but may take another few days.

11 303
 06-05-2012, 03:52 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Sorry, as noted, this is a crazy time of the year. The end of the school year is a blur full of scheduling, special projects, conferences blah blah blah. I have been lucky if I even log in here once a week. I certainly have not had a chance to get to the post office. Unfortunately, the box is far beyond the 14oz so I have to take it to the post office and they aren't open when I haven't been at school.

Anyway, I had someone who signed up but never supplied me with all the required information. I was waiting to see if the person would respond, but they haven't responded to a PM for the information or an e-mail. I have been waiting on them for a week, so at this point I am not holding things up any further for the rest of you.

I will send the box from my location out west through the Northern states along the way. Then it will make the circuit across the country through the South, up the East coast, then back to the MidWest.

So here is the list, I won't have time to get to the post office until school is out, so it will be Friday before it is mailed.

Although I didn't include them in the picture above, there are some more items that I am going to try and fit in the box as well that got left off of the images. If they fit, I will let you know what they are. However, an over stuffed box gives plenty of possibilities for breakage.

1. saliavin
  2. cjokrap
  3. donoma
  4. howler
  5. koolereye
  6. wlmcad
  7. river1
  8. sqratch
  9. etoyoc

0 253
 06-05-2012, 06:37 AM
User Info
Wahoo! I am assuming that I am first on the tour?!

I can't wait, I have several item to add to the box.

0 103
 06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
(06-05-2012, 06:37 AM)Saliavin Wrote: Wahoo! I am assuming that I am first on the tour?!

Nope, it is your cousin..."1.salicon"Laughing1

11 303
 06-05-2012, 09:27 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
(06-05-2012, 06:37 AM)Saliavin Wrote: Wahoo! I am assuming that I am first on the tour?!

Yup

(06-05-2012, 08:40 AM)river1 Wrote:

Nope, it is your cousin..."1.salicon"Laughing1

Huh, now how did I typo that bad? Ahh... I even copied it into my notebook wrong...

0 253