07-02-2014, 10:05 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I've been a member of this site for quite sometime, and this is the second time they've featured wet shaving in one of their boxes.

This one called "Barber".

This go around you get:
A Standard Razor (Black or Silver)
A 2oz Tub of New York Shaving Company's Elizabeth Street Cream
A 5 pack of Silver Blues, and Derby Extras
A Gentleman Jon 3.5oz Alum Block
And a Barber's Towel

All of this for 45 bucks. This is the best wet shaving box they've put together so far, and I'm happy to see it.

If you're interested:
https://www.bespokepost.com/r/406aad

I don't work for Bespoke Post, but I am a member there. Have been for quite a while and have gotten many quality boxes from them. I just figured I'd pass this one along to the community. Great gift yourself or a friend. All you need is a brush and you are good to go.

18 1,186
 07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
User Info
Shame they don't ship to Norway... looked into them last year. Pretty neat concept, and a nifty little den-in-a-box this month.

3 4,374
 07-02-2014, 11:11 AM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
I also wish they did too. That might destroy their whole pricing plan though as each month it's a flat 45 bucks shipping included no matter how big or heavy the box.

Last month I got "Brew" which is a custom beer kit. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but the box was big and heavy with a huge 1 gallon glass growler to ferment the beer in. It wasn't one of those cheap plastic brew kits.

The thing I like is you can opt out each month if there is nothing you like. I've opted out of many boxes and been very pleased with each box I've payed for. Needless to say this month I was very shocked to see a razor that lists for over 60 bucks on the manufactures' website. Probably the best deal I've seen from them so far.

18 1,186
 07-02-2014, 11:13 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
So what do you get when I sign up? The link you provided mentions your name as the referrer so I'm assuming you get a credit for each e-mail address that is entered?

It sounds like a neat idea, but I'm not going to give them my e-mail without seeing what it is they offer first.

139 2,677
 07-02-2014, 11:33 AM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
(07-02-2014, 11:13 AM)blzrfn Wrote: So what do you get when I sign up? The link you provided mentions your name as the referrer so I'm assuming you get a credit for each e-mail address that is entered?

It sounds like a neat idea, but I'm not going to give them my e-mail without seeing what it is they offer first.

I don't get anything if you sign up, but if I have referred you and you make a purchase they do give me 25 dollars in credit for each referral's first purchase.

I do like referring people to websites I use frequently and have shown me that they are well worth folks time and effort. Much like The Shave Nook, which I believe I have referred many folks to.

As for Bespoke Post. I get one email a month from them, and thats the first day of each month, and it includes the breakdown of the box I am signed up to receive for that month. You have until the 6th of each month to opt out of that box, and then the box is shipped on the 15th.

18 1,186
 07-02-2014, 11:38 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I guess there isn't anything in the rules about this type of post, so I apologize for being a bit aggressive. Can you give us an idea of the other boxes that have been offered in the past?

139 2,677
 07-02-2014, 12:00 PM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
(07-02-2014, 11:38 AM)blzrfn Wrote: I guess there isn't anything in the rules about this type of post, so I apologize for being a bit aggressive. Can you give us an idea of the other boxes that have been offered in the past?

That too got me worried once I realized the link I had posted. I will include a link to the home page of those of you that aren't comfortable with the link I provided initially.

Link: https://www.bespokepost.com/land/sem-bes...ent=&pmt=e

This is only the second box that I have shared with the community. The first box I shared with the community was Refresh, which included a Blue Claw Dopp Kit as it's main product, much like the Standard Razor is the main product for this kit. Each box is said to have a retail value at or in excess of 75 retail. Other kits I have received: Shave, which was my foray into wet shaving, included a full travel size kit of eShave oil, cream, balm and travel brush. Sweat, which included a canvas and leather duffle bag as well as some samples for work out recovery. Brew, which is a complete at home brew kit to brew two gallons of beer, including a gallon glass growler and all the tubing, instructions, yeast and materials for doing so. Refresh, which included a Blue Claw Dopp Kit, a bar of soap, a bottle of face wash, some Marvis tooth paste, and some other samples like powder and such. I also received Churchhill which included an ashtray, candle, 5 cigars, 8 cedar spills and a cheap cutter (another of my favorite boxes). Aces, which is a full poker kit. And lastly I got Café which included a French Press, and a frothed, and some samples of coffee, and tea.

Other boxes they have that I haven't gotten are spirits, with some various bar supplies to mix some drinks (I'm not big on mixed drinks so I opted out). Another that includes some custom whiskey glasses and some Oak Staves. Slate, which includes a serving board, and some oil and some spices. Butcher, which includes a carving board and some rubs and sauces. Roast, which includes an aeropress, grinder, and some beans. There's also a wine kit, an agave kit, a seared kit, and many others. In addition to the kits available now, there are over 20 they have archived. It really varies month to month. Their idea/concept is about discovery really.

This is a link to the review of Refresh I posted in the Grooming section...
http://shavenook.com/thread-box-of-awesome-pic-heavy

Correction: The Spirits box is actually called "Alchemy".

18 1,186
 07-02-2014, 12:56 PM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
That's cool! Thanks for sharing this, Clinton.

0 1,137
 07-04-2014, 08:10 AM
User Info
I got the box that had the Blue Claw dopp kit. I was pretty pleased, I'll have to grab another box soon.

2 396
 07-04-2014, 09:15 PM
  • Ram57
  • Boise, ID
User Info
Two days ago I added the "barber" box but didn't finish the process as something came up and I had to leave for couple of hours. Forgot about the whole thing until last night when I received an email from Bespoke providing me a 30% discount for my first box purchase. After discount total came to $31.50. Figured if too mild of a razor for me I would give to my daughters boyfriend who I just converted over to wet shaving four days ago.

101 1,987
 07-16-2014, 09:59 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
Just recieved mine! Excited to try it out. A little dismayed at first. When I went to open the box I heard a rattle. Sure enough the head was loos from the handle. I've received a couple razors in the past from different sellers that didn't make sure the head was screwed on tight and the end result was either screwed up threads or the bullet tips on the top cap have broken off...

Luckily the Standard razor was ok, no damage. Actually, most of you already know the Standard razor has the thread stud on the handle instead of on the top cap like most DE safety razors. I've read of guys taking a cloth, wrapping it around the thread stud and taking a wrench and gently unscrewing the stud from the handle and screwing it into the top cap so you can use the Standard head on other handles... I don't know if it was because the razor wasn't properly tightened and this happened from the jostling around during shipping but the thread stud on mine was already loose! So I didn't have to bother with a wrench or anything and it seems to work with every razor handle I've tried it with (UFO, BRW, Muhle, EJ)

[Image: 2wo9848.jpg]

53 555
 07-29-2014, 07:19 AM
User Info
Ordered mine yesterday cant wait

0 10
 07-29-2014, 03:32 PM
User Info
I ordered the "box" today, but didn't join the club.

1 67
 07-30-2014, 11:15 AM
User Info
I got my box a couple days ago and actually ordered a second box to give as a gift.

I was very impressed with the standard razor! I took a pair of pliers and moved the "screw" from the handle to the head, so now the head can sit on any handle. Thanks for sharing this awesome deal!

3 202
 07-30-2014, 03:34 PM
  • Fab
  • New York, NY
User Info
I also got mine and I'm very pleased. I joined the club and used a Facebook coupon for 20% discount. I think the code was FB. Check their page. Mine was $36 shipped!

10 486
 07-31-2014, 01:57 AM
User Info
(07-30-2014, 03:34 PM)Fab Wrote: I also got mine and I'm very pleased. I joined the club and used a Facebook coupon for 20% discount. I think the code was FB. Check their page. Mine was $36 shipped!
I did not know people got credit or I would have posted thought the link when I joined yesterday. Looks like a nice deal

2 71
 07-31-2014, 06:42 AM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
I'm glad you gentleman are happy. Its a great club to be a part of in my opinion.

Do remember, new boxes come out tomorrow. If you don't want it, log in and opt out before the 5th or you will be charged for it. Just a reminder. If you forget, they are very forgiving and in most cases will be able to cancel that charge, as long as you catch them before it ships; and even in that case you can always mail it back and they'll credit your account.

Of course this message is only for those of you that joined the club. Not for those that paid the ten extra, and just ordered the Barber box.

18 1,186
 08-07-2014, 04:25 PM
User Info
I am so disappointed. My box arrived today and it contained a belt and a flask not my shaving stuff. What a ripoff. The box was beat to hell, it took a while to get to me and I think if it had contained a razor it would have been bent or broken.

2 71
 08-07-2014, 04:27 PM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
(08-07-2014, 04:25 PM)rrwatch Wrote: I am so disappointed. My box arrived today and it contained a belt and a flask not my shaving stuff. What a ripoff. The box was beat to hell, it took a while to get to me and I think if it had contained a razor it would have been bent or broken.

Call them tomorrow and tell them you accidentally selected the wrong box. You selected notched instead of barber, and they'll ship you out the right box.

18 1,186
 08-07-2014, 05:20 PM
User Info
(08-07-2014, 04:27 PM)CRAusmus Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 04:25 PM)rrwatch Wrote: I am so disappointed. My box arrived today and it contained a belt and a flask not my shaving stuff. What a ripoff. The box was beat to hell, it took a while to get to me and I think if it had contained a razor it would have been bent or broken.

Call them tomorrow and tell them you accidentally selected the wrong box. You selected notched instead of barber, and they'll ship you out the right box.

[Image: f1KpzTc.png] Why do you assume I made the mistake ?? Bespoke did ! Not I ! As you can see in the screen capture I ordered "The Barber" The problem I have is I have to drive to either one of two towns away because there is no PO where I live to ship this stuff back in addition to me having to waste a few hours of my time because of their mistake.

2 71