07-05-2014, 07:51 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Who is familiar with the Prep line of Italian shaving products? Soap, cream, balm, and pre-shave.

[Image: WxVUztL.jpg]

175 23,752
 07-05-2014, 02:45 PM
User Info
I have the pre/post shave cream in the glass jar and the shave soap in the plastic tub.

The cream is very similar to Proraso pre/post but with a more camphorous scent. IB has it on special and it is advertised as being a household staple for everyone's use and cures insect bites, dog bites, sunburn etc.

The shave soap does a fine job. This seems like an underloved brand that if it were more expensive it would be on par with some of the big names. Ya gotta dig the scent though. I don't use it every day but when you want that kick it gives a great shave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9 52
 07-05-2014, 06:08 PM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
I've been using the shaving soap with excellent results. I think the scent is similar to noxema, my wife thinks it has a clove scent. Great lather and post shave feel. I could see the scent being polarizing but it doesn't seem to hang around post shave.

12 743
 07-06-2014, 02:35 AM
  • BigRon
  • Ex-Lurker
  • Norfolk, UK
User Info
I've been using the pre shave for a while.
Its like using Vicks as a pre but in a good way, I was unsure whether it made a difference until I shaved without it..

0 9
 07-07-2014, 09:40 AM
User Info
I have the preshave as well. I find it very similar in performance to Proraso in the white jar, and a bit better than Vitos.

I noticed the box it came in suggested using it for diaper rash. Makes you wonder if Desitin or Boudreaux's Butt Paste would make a good preshave. Smile

10 1,858
 07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
(07-07-2014, 09:40 AM)Songwind Wrote: I have the preshave as well. I find it very similar in performance to Proraso in the white jar, and a bit better than Vitos.

I picked up a jar in Italy this summer and my impressions are similar.

I would not buy again because - for me - it does not improve shave performance when used as a pre-shave; I also do not find it to be top-shelf ASB.

17 535
 07-07-2014, 12:08 PM
User Info
(07-07-2014, 12:05 PM)v4257 Wrote: I picked up a jar in Italy this summer and my impressions are similar.

I would not buy again because - for me - it does not improve shave performance when used as a pre-shave; I also do not find it to be top-shelf ASB.

I only use it if for some reason I need to shave without showering first. Then, it helps me.

As an aftershave, it seems to work well when I have bad razorburn, but for general moisturizing it doesn't seem like much.

10 1,858
 07-09-2014, 10:24 AM
User Info
I have tried some of their product before like the Aftershave balm, and I have to say I was satisfied

0 62