07-06-2014, 02:04 PM
User Info
So just very recently I have Been loading my Stirling soaps right on top of the puck in the bowl and I have been noticing my pucks are not lasting very long. I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else that Loads right on top of the puck? The technique definitely helps in creating a nice slick lather but I don't like that my soap is going so quick as a result of this new technique.

I used to just load some soap from the tin and then lather in a bowl. With that technique I noticed the Puck could last Forever. Is there just to much water in the equation from loading on the puck and then washing it off after the shave that's making the puck vanish so quickly? I am bringing this up because I just decided to transfer my puck of lemon chill to a different bowl and when I took it out I noticed the soap is almost finished and I have used it about 7 times. This also recently happened with my menthol barbershop shave soap that Rod was So Kind to make for me on the side. I think I might start loading it from the Tin again to be safe even though I like the puck lathering technique.

I would also like to state that Rod makes an Extremely Nice Shaving Soap and I will continue to buy from him as I love his Soaps and his Customer Service. I am just wondering if this is happening to other people or what I am doing wrong. I would love to solve this problem.

Thank you!

46 1,102
 07-06-2014, 02:40 PM
  • Lb1
  • United Kingdom
User Info
You've pretty much answered your own question. You should load your brush then either lather in a bowl and add sufficient water to the equation to make enough lather or lather on your face doing the same method.

0 105
 07-06-2014, 02:42 PM
User Info
I actually just realized something else.. It could be the Duke Killing my soap! lol

(07-06-2014, 02:40 PM)Lb1 Wrote: You've pretty much answered your own question. You should load your brush then either lather in a bowl and add sufficient water to the equation to make enough lather or lather on your face doing the same method.

Well the thing is that I quite enjoyed lathering on the puck but I guess I will have no choice but to start loading it and lathering in a different bowl if I want the soap to last me.

Like I said I absolutely love Rods Soaps and it hurts when they disappear!

46 1,102
 07-06-2014, 06:04 PM
User Info
Most guys wouldn't mind if their soaps were used up as quickly as your as they just have too much soap. Biggrin

However, it sounds like you want them to last, so you may have to load on the puck and transfer to a bowl, or even better, to your face. Good luck.

82 21,056
 07-06-2014, 06:54 PM
  • Woodeks
  • Space coast, Florida
User Info
(07-06-2014, 06:04 PM)celestino Wrote: Most guys wouldn't mind if their soaps were used up as quickly as your as they just have too much soap. Biggrin

Bingo! Smile

10 104
 07-06-2014, 07:09 PM
User Info
Haha, Celestino! Its very funny you say that because I was once one of those guys! I had accumulated so much soap at one point that I just wanted it to be used up as fast as possible so then I could purchase more. But now that its happened to me I wish it wouldn't go so quick! Funny how things work out.

But I really treasure Stirling Soaps as I believe its what really changed my world in wet shaving and it's tough to see it go so quick! I will just go back to my regular way of loading the brush and face or bowl lather. The soap Lasts a long time this way.

And honestly I am starting to Believe my Duke Brush is Responsible for this. I leave a good amount of water in my brush when I go to lather on top of the puck. And this Brush is quite dense. Its nice talking things out once in a while.. You really can get to the bottom of things!

BTW thanks for the replies everyone.

46 1,102