07-09-2014, 05:52 PM
User Info
For soaps that come in a box (Ogallala and Williams come to mind), how do you store them? Obviously the paper boxes aren't going to last through the water exposure. I don't want to take up a mug or a lather bowl for several months. I know I can press or melt them down into a Tupperware or Reynolds style container but that doesn't seem like the most attractive option. I am a bit of a shave den snob, I guess. What do you guys do?

0 9
 07-09-2014, 06:36 PM
User Info
I don't use either of those soaps, but the Pyrex 1 cup/250ml round containers work very well or you can buy empty, plastic, cylindrical containers that many of the artisans use for their soaps.
If you really want something more aesthetically pleasing, then you can buy the wooden, cylindrical soap dishes.
Good luck.

83 21,077
 07-09-2014, 07:37 PM
User Info
I find that the Grundtal stainless containers (which can be obtained at Ikea or Amazon), referenced in this thread - http://shavenook.com/thread-guide-grundt...ers-labels - work very well for nearly all hard shaving soaps. I have over a dozen of them right now.

207 12,264
 07-10-2014, 09:43 AM
User Info
I am down to two hard soaps - MWF and Tabac. Both are grated in to bowls. If they are going out of use for some time, I put them in to a Ziplock bag doubled. Seems to work. When I break them out, they lather fine.

22 752
 07-16-2014, 06:18 AM
User Info
I had three plastic containers from Mama Bear Soaps. I used up the soaps and then stored them under the sink. Glad I didn't put them in the recycle bin or throw them away. They came in handy when I ordered pucks of MWF and Mystic Waters. They fit perfectly.

0 1,007