07-10-2014, 08:20 AM
User Info
A while back, I bought a Gem Featherweight to try my hand at SE shaving. I just really didn't like it at all. None of the blades I tried worked well for me, so now it sits.

I couple of weeks ago, I was at the antique store, and found this beauty:

[Image: 6RYJku2.jpg]

A Schick Injector, E2, and thought I'd give that a try since I've been told they're easy to use. Someone said this was a pretty aggressive injector, so I was a little worried. I use very mild DE razors.

I got some blades yesterday, finally, and tried it out today. Here is my SOTD:

Proraso White pre-shave between each pass
TOBS Shave Shop Cream
E2 Injector
Thayer's Lemon WH
AOS Unscented ASB
Captain's Choice North AS

I have to say it was a great shave! The third pass was a little rough, but not terrible. It didn't feel that it was that much more aggressive than my DE razors, but it was just a little more aggressive, which was perfect. I had a few weepers, and 1 nick on my chin, which I usually get whenever I try a new razor.

Finding the shaving angle was very easy, and except for a little tugging on my 2 day growth, it felt very nice. I got a BBS shave on my face, and about the closest thing to BBS that I've ever had on my neck.

I'm glad I took the chance and tried this out, because I'm very happy with it. I also think it was a good thing I waited until my DE technique was really good before buying one. If I had used ANY pressure at all, I think it would have chewed me up...a lot!

0 54
 07-10-2014, 08:26 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Welcome to the world of injectors. Here is a Schick instruction sheet. Follow step 4 and you will get the perfect shave.

[Image: rrPheFB.jpg]

179 23,946
 07-10-2014, 08:32 AM
User Info
Thanks! That was what I was trying to do, and for the most part, it was spot on. Just gotta get more time using it to really feel as comfortable with it as my DEs.

0 54
 07-10-2014, 08:36 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(07-10-2014, 08:26 AM)Johnny Wrote: Welcome to the world of injectors. Here is a Schick instruction sheet. Follow step 4 and you will get the perfect shave.

You left out the four most important words, the ones repeated in every Schick radio commercial:

Push Pull Click-Click

-

1 1,110
 07-10-2014, 09:21 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I too felt the E2 was a little aggressive. If you love a mild DE, and love the shave of the injector, you owe it to your self to try one of the I series. I love mine...

18 1,186
 07-10-2014, 09:27 AM
User Info
As long as modern blades continue to fall short in performance compared to the wonderful NOS blades I used to use, there's just no reason to return to injector shaving. I miss it.

29 1,776
 07-10-2014, 04:13 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I get great shaves from these Schick Injector Blades that are made in China. I can get 7 easy shaves with each blade. I buy them from drugstore.com

[Image: MRQre0i.jpg]

179 23,946
 07-10-2014, 04:33 PM
  • Stubbl E
  • Lake Tahoe, California
User Info
Congrats guzziknight on both counts! Like you I too recently got onboard the injector wagon with an E2 and more recently a G6,and I've found them both to be extremely comfortable little shavers. They have a charm all there own I think.

That's a great looking razor you found. Well done!

FWIW I've been using the contemporary Personna PTFE stainless blades and I've no complaints. They're not the sharpest feeling blade I've ever used, but curiously enough I get quite a comfy and reasonably close shave using them, even if means a few more touch-ups.

0 567
 07-10-2014, 04:39 PM
User Info
I used the Chicks (Chinese Schicks) for a long while after the supply of Plus Platinums dried up, but they were hit and miss for me and even at their best fell short of the smoothness/sharpness I was accustomed to from the NOS blades. Even so, they were better than the Pellas and German-made Schicks.

I've used almost every model of Schick injector at one time or another, finding the N-Types to be the best overall for my needs. Their mild nature along with a sharp Schick Plus Platinum or Personna 74 blade was just the right combo. Re: Johnny's I-Type, I actually liked the way it cut, but the handle was a bit too short for me, and that's when I discovered the N's.

29 1,776
 07-11-2014, 05:13 AM
User Info
(07-10-2014, 04:13 PM)Johnny Wrote: I get great shaves from these Schick Injector Blades that are made in China. I can get 7 easy shaves with each blade. I buy them from drugstore.com

[Image: MRQre0i.jpg]

These are the blades I got from Amazon. Had a little tugging, but not bad.

(07-10-2014, 04:33 PM)Stubbl E Wrote: Congrats guzziknight on both counts! Like you I too recently got onboard the injector wagon with an E2 and more recently a G6,and I've found them both to be extremely comfortable little shavers. They have a charm all there own I think.

That's a great looking razor you found. Well done!

FWIW I've been using the contemporary Personna PTFE stainless blades and I've no complaints. They're not the sharpest feeling blade I've ever used, but curiously enough I get quite a comfy and reasonably close shave using them, even if means a few more touch-ups.

Where can I get the Personna blades? Or any other blade for that matter? The only ones I found are the Chinese Schicks, which work well, but I want to try others.

0 54
 07-11-2014, 07:44 AM
User Info
Yeah, once I got Shickified , it was off to the races!
[Image: 7Uf39SV.jpg]

0 205
 07-11-2014, 08:28 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I guess you could say you were schickfaced. Biggrin

179 23,946
 07-11-2014, 04:16 PM
User Info
(07-11-2014, 08:28 AM)Johnny Wrote: I guess you could say you were schickfaced. Biggrin

FacepalmBiggrin

83 21,115
 07-11-2014, 04:46 PM
User Info
Great to hear you enjoyed the experience! My grandfather used a Schick Injector.

46 1,102
 07-12-2014, 07:15 AM
  • Stubbl E
  • Lake Tahoe, California
User Info
(07-11-2014, 05:13 AM)guzziknight Wrote: Where can I get the Personna blades? Or any other blade for that matter? The only ones I found are the Chinese Schicks, which work well, but I want to try others.

They're available from a lot of sources online. Try doing a search for "persona injector blades" or "persona mini hair shaper blades".

The mini hair shaper blades aren't actually in an Injector key though. They work fine in my E2 because the spring pivots and I just hand load the blade, but I've read online that the metal Injector keys can be reloaded as well.

Here's an older thread with a few links and some more info -
http://shavenook.com/thread-injector-bla...ere-to-buy

0 567
 07-12-2014, 10:24 AM
User Info
(07-12-2014, 07:15 AM)Stubbl E Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 05:13 AM)guzziknight Wrote: Where can I get the Personna blades? Or any other blade for that matter? The only ones I found are the Chinese Schicks, which work well, but I want to try others.

They're available from a lot of sources online. Try doing a search for "persona injector blades" or "persona mini hair shaper blades".

The mini hair shaper blades aren't actually in an Injector key though. They work fine in my E2 because the spring pivots and I just hand load the blade, but I've read online that the metal Injector keys can be reloaded as well.

Here's an older thread with a few links and some more info -
http://shavenook.com/thread-injector-bla...ere-to-buy

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing I could reload the injector mag with theses blades, right? Otherwise, putting them in the razor by hand will work, unless I get another one that doesn't open.

0 54
 07-12-2014, 01:37 PM
  • Stubbl E
  • Lake Tahoe, California
User Info
I think the Personna blades are available in a plastic keyed magazine in addition to the non-keyed dispenser, but I've read online where they're a bit flimsy for some folks. The metal keyed magazines can always be reloaded with new blades as well.

But yes, if your E2's spring pivots then you can hand load a blade.

0 567
 07-16-2014, 04:10 AM
User Info
(07-10-2014, 09:21 AM)CRAusmus Wrote: I too felt the E2 was a little aggressive. If you love a mild DE, and love the shave of the injector, you owe it to your self to try one of the I series. I love mine...

I got an I1 injector in the mail yesterday, and used it today for he first time. Compared to the E2, I could immediately see the cover of the razor went further down the blade than on the E2. Also, there seemed to be a bigger gap between the blade and blade guard on the E2, both factors probably contributing to it being more aggressive.

The shave I got with the I1 was very nearly as good as the E2, but with no irritation at all. By the 3rd pass with the E2, I could feel the blade on my face. Not so with the I1.

I really like both, but I think the I1 edges out the E2 for me because it is a little milder.

0 54
 07-16-2014, 06:22 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
(07-16-2014, 04:10 AM)guzziknight Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 09:21 AM)CRAusmus Wrote: I too felt the E2 was a little aggressive. If you love a mild DE, and love the shave of the injector, you owe it to your self to try one of the I series. I love mine...

I got an I1 injector in the mail yesterday, and used it today for he first time. Compared to the E2, I could immediately see the cover of the razor went further down the blade than on the E2. Also, there seemed to be a bigger gap between the blade and blade guard on the E2, both factors probably contributing to it being more aggressive.

The shave I got with the I1 was very nearly as good as the E2, but with no irritation at all. By the 3rd pass with the E2, I could feel the blade on my face. Not so with the I1.

I really like both, but I think the I1 edges out the E2 for me because it is a little milder.

I felt the exact same way. Glad you enjoyed the I1. It's a wonderful razor to have in your nook. Enjoy it.

18 1,186
 08-02-2014, 06:19 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
They're great razors, whichever series you use. I have an E3 and I love the thing.Biggrin

2 1,697